Apr 09 2013
By: Chranos83 First Son 2 posts

Unable to download new updates for Games.

3 replies 63 views Edited Apr 9, 2013

Hi there, im rather Frustrated that i cannot play on my new game which needs a new update. it has also happened with other games recently as well. I go to download the update and it only goes so far until it comes with an error code which is: 80710723

My playstation will work fine with online games or downloading anything from the playstation store but it will NOT allow me to download any updates.

Can you help me please ASAP.

thank you in advance

Matthew Cox

Message 1 of 4 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1614 posts

Re: Unable to download new updates for Games.

Apr 9, 2013

all game upadates or one game specifc?

Message 2 of 4 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Hi there, well I have downloaded the new lord of the rings war in the north game and it asked me to initially download an update for it before it could play but it kept timing out. it also done the same for the new bioshock infinite game asking me to download an update before i could play. It would sometimes get to between 50% and 75% and then just stop  and then it would sometimes give me the error code 80710723.

I have tried enabling my PS3 IP address in the Routers DMZ but that did not work.

I have also restored my default settings of my PS3 to make sure there where no bad settings but that did not work.

any suggestions?

Message 3 of 4 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Apr 10, 2013

I think you are doing th right thing, but also make sure you have the PSN ports forwarded(cant remember all the specific ones). Also, my PS3 did not like the assigned Primary and Secondary DNS numbers so I changed those(8.8.8..8 and 8.8.4.4 work better for me).

Currently playing Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

60GB Fat OFW 4.50
250GB SuperSlim OFW 4.50
Message 4 of 4 (41 Views)
0 Likes