Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 01 2010
By: LesPaul518 Wastelander 864 posts

This is basically what Sony has done...

21 replies 14 views Edited Apr 1, 2010

My last thread was locked for supposedly pertaining to the other system when clearly it did not. Unless Sony is worried about people buying refrigerators over a PS3 (after this update, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case), my thread had nothing to do with the other console. It was a mere analogy which I used to convey my opinions about the update. Anyway...

Suppose you're at a hotel in Hawaii, and your room has an oceanfront view with a balcony and a mini refrigerator. You only use the refrigerator once during your two week stay. Then, randomly during your stay, some psychopath unplugs his refrigerator and throws it off his balcony into the pool filter, spewing water everywhere and breaking the filter. While you're at the beach, a notice is placed on your door, stating that you must be in your room at 1:00pm because the hotel will be removing all refrigerators from rooms with balconies. If you choose not to comply, you will be downgraded to either an interior room or a non-balcony room with a parking-lot view.

That's basically what Sony is doing in a nutshell. It's a lose-lose situation no mattter how you slice and dice it. I will not update to 3.21 and I hope a class action law-suit arises in the next few days. Hopefully then Sony will actually listen to its customers.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (14 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Re: This is basically what Sony has done...

Apr 1, 2010

what do you have to lose by updating?

(apart from the obvious 'install other os')

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Apr 1, 2010

Loseing my ydl

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4412 posts

Apr 1, 2010

LesPaul518 wrote:

jameelinus wrote:

That's exactly it!
I intending on actually using the feature some time in the future when I had the time to install. Even if that were not the case, the whole principle of the matter is completely wrong. That's exactly what I was trying to convey with my analogy. I paid for a system that "does everything" as Sony puts it. Now that's one less feature short of everyhting.

Yeah. Now everytime I see a commercial for the PS3 that points out "It only does everything" I will just facepalm. Seems like they will continue their false advertising in the future.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
864 posts

Apr 1, 2010

jameelinus wrote:

That's exactly it!
I intending on actually using the feature some time in the future when I had the time to install. Even if that were not the case, the whole principle of the matter is completely wrong. That's exactly what I was trying to convey with my analogy. I paid for a system that "does everything" as Sony puts it. Now that's one less feature short of everything.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Apr 1, 2010

Personally getting ur post locked I believe was a bit bully, since the post is related to the issue of 3.21 and in no way was inflamatory unless u get trolls (who must be the ones to lock or ban), personally I feel the same way u do, Sony better come with some sort of fix that doesn't cause so much damage, wonder why they didn't make so much fuss with the Ps2 and now they just cry foul with the Ps3.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1489 posts

Apr 1, 2010

DNAgent wrote:

LesPaul518 wrote:

jameelinus wrote:

That's exactly it!
I intending on actually using the feature some time in the future when I had the time to install. Even if that were not the case, the whole principle of the matter is completely wrong. That's exactly what I was trying to convey with my analogy. I paid for a system that "does everything" as Sony puts it. Now that's one less feature short of everyhting.

Yeah. Now everytime I see a commercial for the PS3 that points out "It only does everything" I will just facepalm. Seems like they will continue their false advertising in the future.

Well considering my PS3 never woke me up or made breakfast in the morning to beging with ... it should be no surprize it's false advertisment ... since when has this "clarification" hit you? O.o

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (14 Views)
Wastelander
864 posts

Apr 1, 2010

DNAgent wrote:

LesPaul518 wrote:

jameelinus wrote:

That's exactly it!

I don't know about you, but after tonight, I'm never buying another Sony product again until they get their  act together. My left earbud to my Sony headphones might stop working tomorrow because it was deemed as a danger to the surrounding dust mites in the air.

I was going to buy a Sony Vaio this summer for college (an expensive one with an i7 processor nonetheless) because I will be majoring in computer engineering, but I changed my mind. Now I'm probably getting a Toshiba Qosmio instead.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (14 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1154 posts

Apr 1, 2010

Naustradamus wrote:

Well considering my PS3 never woke me up or made breakfast in the morning to beging with ... it should be no surprize it's false advertisment ... since when has this "clarification" hit you? O.o

Personally, I've never expected my PS3 to do that. I do however expect it to continue to have the features that it has had since my purchase of it. As of 3.21 this is no longer going to be the case.

0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1435 posts

Apr 1, 2010

I don't think it could be more obvious that sony is trying to silence dissenters, since it knows that unlike the removal of ps2 B/C from newer models, at least in it's case it wasn't retroactive and you 60GB owners can still use it if you want to, this on the other hand is a whole different story.

Slim owner here, don't have a fatty but you have my support,  i will help as much as i can, as this is criminal imo.

"If you want ps2 B/C just get a ps2"
Oh really?How about this?
If you want cross game chat get skype, if you want in game music get a mp3 player.
Everyone has the right to request things they want, please be considerate of your own situation before you insult others situation,for the betterment of the community.

4/16/1997-4/01/2010 - sony loyalist
4/01/2010-??/??/???? - Anti-Sony
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 22 (14 Views)
0 Likes