Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 06 2013
By: Tom32090 Fender Bender 3264 posts

Thinking of cleaning up my fat ps3 160gb

2 replies 100 views Edited Mar 6, 2013

Hey every one I was wondering if this would be a good idea? Iv been watching some videos and what really bothers me is the heat resistant paste that goes on the gpu and CPU, my ps3 is at least 5 years old and I couldn't imagine that paste not dried up. Now I was wondering if I should do it my self or pay some one to do it. Does any one know how much it would cost or if it is more worth doing your self

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (100 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14333 posts

Re: Thinking of cleaning up my fat ps3 160gb

Mar 6, 2013

A 160GB PS3, even the first one, may never need this.  It was mostly a problem with the earliest models (60GB, 20GB, 40GB, and 80GB Motorstorm bundle). My recommendation would be that if it isn't broken, then don't fix it.  Your PS3 has no capabilities that the current models don't have, so it makes little sense to pay someone to perform an unapproved maintenance procedure on a working console.  Doing it yourself is a good way to end up buying a new console.  Some people are successful with the procedure, and some people are not.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3264 posts

Re: Thinking of cleaning up my fat ps3 160gb

Mar 6, 2013

ok sure yes but my ps3 is getting pretty hot on the bottome so im worried that it could be something like this or even just to much dust in the fan, what should i do? I dont want to just wait around for my ps3 to die i would like to keep it alive as llong as possible

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (86 Views)
0 Likes