Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
85 posts

Re: Sound card functionality update

Mar 7, 2009

SlickSticker wrote:
Ok thanks slashback. The answer is no. The key word in my question was the word broadcast. Let's now use the word broadcast in a sentence. I want to broadcast music to my friends, over the internet without using speakers.

maybe you should have pointed that out earlier? THAT is the key part of your question and you didn't even mention it in your original post.  its generally called 'streaming' not 'broadcasting' so that's another reason why your question was so confusing. and thirdly, it has nothing to do with the sound card, why did you say "Through the sound card" when you dont want to use speakers? sound cards drive speakers, thats pretty much all they do.  so, now that we DO understand your question, I can say that it was definitely phrased very badly, and instead of being such a **bleep** about it you probably should have just tried to rephrase it as something that made some sense.

Message Edited by andre__p_l on 03-06-2009 07:47 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (3 Views)
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Mar 7, 2009

andre__p_l wrote:

SlickSticker wrote:
Ok thanks slashback. The answer is no. The key word in my question was the word broadcast. Let's now use the word broadcast in a sentence. I want to broadcast music to my friends, over the internet without using speakers.

maybe you should have pointed that out earlier? THAT is the key part of your question and you didn't even mention it in your original post.  its generally called 'streaming' not 'broadcasting' so that's another reason why your question was so confusing. and thirdly, it has nothing to do with the sound card, why did you say "Through the sound card" when you dont want to use speakers? sound cards drive speakers, thats pretty much all they do.  so, now that we DO understand your question, I can say that it was definitely phrased very badly, and instead of being such a **bleep** about it you probably should have just tried to rephrase it as something that made some sense.

Message Edited by andre__p_l on 03-06-2009 07:47 PM

AMEN!

DJ D-Drop II 500GB PS3 II 52in Bravia W series
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Mar 7, 2009
OBVIOUSLY if I'm trying to BROADCAST ANYTHING on the Playstation it would be BROADCASTED via the internet. you people
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Mar 7, 2009
Ok people let me explain....
Let's pretend I'm at home, sitting in front of the tv. I have the PS3 turned on, and I'm signed into the PSN.
Some people on my friends list, and I, go into a chat session or even an owned space in Playstation's Home. From either one of these locations mentioned ( chat session, playstation's home)‚ I decide that it would be nice for the group of people and I to listen to some music. I then go to music located on my XMB, and select a song that I've imported to my ihard drive. The music is heard by the online group of people, and I do not have a microphone turned on.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Mar 7, 2009
Message Edited by LukaX23 on 03-07-2009 08:27 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Mar 7, 2009

SlickSticker wrote:
Ok people let me explain....
Let's pretend I'm at home, sitting in front of the tv. I have the PS3 turned on, and I'm signed into the PSN.
Some people on my friends list, and I, go into a chat session or even an owned space in Playstation's Home. From either one of these locations mentioned ( chat session, playstation's home)‚ I decide that it would be nice for the group of people and I to listen to some music. I then go to music located on my XMB, and select a song that I've imported to my ihard drive. The music is heard by the online group of people, and I do not have a microphone turned on.

Yeah, we got it a while ago, and the answer is no, it can't be done, why should you dictate what the rest of the group listens to anyway, who are you? hitler?

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1761 posts

Mar 8, 2009
Yeah, are you Hitler? lol. I though he was an xbot. http://www.stupidvideos.com/video//Hitlers_Downfall/#36246
N.SHORE, MASS.
-FamilyofGamers.com

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Mar 8, 2009

UNDER_DOG3 wrote:
Yeah, are you Hitler? lol. I though he was an xbot. http://www.stupidvideos.com/video//Hitlers_Downfall/#36246

Hitler, Dj, what's the difference right?
. Anyway, SplashBack said something along the lines that to have this function available on the PS3, would open up some insight as to how the PS3 works. I understand that logic because Sony is very protective. All they need to do is have an update with a simple on and off switch for the feature, that way it keeps it simple and knowledge about the PS3's architecture stay in Sony's hands. We don't need to know what makes the features work to have features.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes