Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 15 2012
By: AirMaxPenny Lombax Warrior 236 posts

Some video thumbnails are animated and others are not

3 replies 103 views Edited Dec 15, 2012

I have copied a few home videos to my PS3. They display as little thumbnails. Some of them are animated and it looks very cool, but there are a few that just display the generic video icon. The formats of all the videos are the same althoug the bit rate is a little different amongst them all.

Is there any trick to get the ones that just have an icon to be animated like the others? Is it not working because the bit rate is too high?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (103 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14458 posts

Re: Some video thumbnails are animated and others are not

Dec 15, 2012

There is no trick.  The animation is encoded as part of the video file.  The file either has it, or it doesn't. The PS3 doesn't create it. The PS3 will display the animation in the XMB for video files that include it. 

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (97 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 2, 2013

I've encountered a similar issue, but here's what mine is: I'm able to record my own video thumbnails, but I recently got a video which for some reason, when I make a video thumbnail for it, it just displays a static image of the thumbnail video I wanted it to have, rather than the 15 seconds its supposed to show. I have four other videos on this system which do not have this problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3660 posts

Jan 2, 2013

Nief wrote:

I've encountered a similar issue, but here's what mine is: I'm able to record my own video thumbnails, but I recently got a video which for some reason, when I make a video thumbnail for it, it just displays a static image of the thumbnail video I wanted it to have, rather than the 15 seconds its supposed to show. I have four other videos on this system which do not have this problem.

Files payed for or downloaded from PSN video store are not a single file they contain multi files in a Package Including the DRM usage rights, Icon images for PS3 and PS vita and PSP and other data.

You can tell if they were downloaded from PSN in MNV as they have MNV extension and a long description at the bottom telling you what it is. when you bring up the info of the file with the triangle button...

HTML5 Video streaming from a LAN PC with PLEX on PS4 Browser

Amazon Fire TV owner... With alot of APKs side loaded..
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (72 Views)
0 Likes