Dec 16 2009
By: DuoMaxwell007 Sackboy 456 posts

Software update with BC rumors?

35 replies 20 views Edited Dec 16, 2009
I was wondering how/wher ethis rumor that the PS3 would have an update that would give it BC again came from? I mean it make sno logical sense. Why would Sony remove backwards compatibility only to have an update later on that would give it back? If they wer egonna give it back then why take it in the first place?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 36 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Re: Software update with BC rumors?

Dec 16, 2009
They took it away to cut costs, and I agree, its not coming back. It would make no sense as they are releasing ps1 titles for download in the ps store anyways..

Biggie86205
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 36 (20 Views)
Sackboy
456 posts

Dec 16, 2009
cut costs? umm last I checked writing and emulation program costs nothing, as for making ps1 games downloadable ok whats that gotta do with teh possiblity or impossibility of ps22 BC coming back?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 36 (20 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Dec 16, 2009

I meant to say ps2 not ps1. I heard they were making some ps2 games to download in the PS store. And IDK why they got rid of software emulation, Im not sony, but hardware emulation was to cut costs so I assume software was the same. No need to get all worked up chief.

Step 1. Locate wad of panties in/around butthole.

Step 2. Remove afforementioned panties.

Step 3. Success.

Biggie86205
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 36 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4130 posts

Dec 16, 2009

DuoMaxwell007 wrote:
cut costs? umm last I checked writing and emulation program costs nothing, as for making ps1 games downloadable ok whats that gotta do with teh possiblity or impossibility of ps22 BC coming back?

really? paying developers and programmers cost nothing? thats news to me.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 36 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Dec 16, 2009
The will never bring it back. Get over it and move on. SHoulda bought a BC model when you had the chance.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 36 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Dec 16, 2009

PEPSIFLAME wrote:
The will never bring it back. Get over it and move on. SHoulda bought a BC model when you had the chance.

Never say never. Sony is leaving a ton of money on the table by not being able to release PS2 games on the network. I think they are trying to iron out the wrinkles. There are too many PS2 games that will be sold through the PSN to ignore the issue.
"Drop the mic, you shouldn't be holding it...This is how it should be done!"

Rakim

PSN: jaybiv
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 36 (20 Views)
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Dec 16, 2009
Originally the PS3 relied on hardware to support PS2 backwards compatibility. Hopefully they'll get full blown CPU emulation in software. That's the idea. Once this is accomplished they will start releasing PS2 games thru the PSN store. 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 36 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Dec 16, 2009
The arrogance found in some of these B/C threads is so annoying. To be honest it is getting to the point where reading these forums is useless. Its the same thing everyday. It is ridiculous when people act as if they absolutely know what is or isn't going to happen. B/C may or may not come back. We don't know and there is no way for us to know. Stop telling people they should have bought a B/C system when the PS3 was first released. That's an arrogant remark, as the immediate purchase of any launch console isn't financially viable for everyone. Stop telling people they should just get over the PS3 not having what every feature they feel is necessary. Just because a specific feature (B/C, a better browser, or anything else) isn't important to you, doesn't mean it shouldn't be important to anyone else. The flaming, trolling, and hostility in these forums have reached the pinnacle of stupidity.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 36 (20 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Dec 16, 2009
backward compatibility is coming back. segas leaked memo even talks about dreamcast games available on the psn. we all still have the ps1/ps2 memory function on all of our ps3s. does not make sense to cut out this huge market.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 36 (20 Views)