ask to talk to someone thats important
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1716 posts

Re: So now we have proof...so stop it.

Jan 24, 2009
SONY are missing the point...again. Yes the PS3 is a multi media device, but it was supposed to be a GAMES CONSOLE first. The photo gallery application was obviously designed by and for the Japanese market and offered to us as well with a few other bits thrown into the update. People who are serious gamers (social gamers) will head straight for the "Box". SONY totally ignore our pleads for updates/improvements. We are their customer base, we know what makes a good console yet SONY blindly follows some bizarre path that seems to be leading nowhere. SONY are so out of touch, so behind the times, I'm certain nothing short of a miracle can save them. They only have themselves to blame. The PS3...after two years is still not the machine wee were hoping for (or SONY promised us). Their arrogance is astounding!
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -- Oscar Wilde
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24710 posts

Jan 24, 2009

sinsin07 wrote:

Euphoria_IRI wrote:
I think Sony really wants to market this as the most versatile multimedia device on the planet. They will have some focus on the multiplayer experience, but that's just the reality we have to accept. If you want a system dedicated to a multiplayer experience, invest in a 360. That's all. I'm through complaining.

Market to who? When have you seen a commercial on TV showing all the features of the PS3?  Who else knows besides people who own a PS3 that now we have stupid photo enhancement?  When you want to sell something, you advertise.  This is another useless feature.

Playstation 3 TV Spot "T-Shrits".

Playstation 3 TV Spot "Movies".

Playstation 3 TV Spot "Murals".

Now before anyone says "these commercials are stupid" or "I've never seen them" or "Sony doesn't advertise", please save it.  It's obvious that many on this forum don't watch much television and/or these ads go right over your heads. 

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (7 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1767 posts

Jan 24, 2009

CaptainAlbator wrote:

sinsin07 wrote:

Euphoria_IRI wrote:
I think Sony really wants to market this as the most versatile multimedia device on the planet. They will have some focus on the multiplayer experience, but that's just the reality we have to accept. If you want a system dedicated to a multiplayer experience, invest in a 360. That's all. I'm through complaining.

Market to who? When have you seen a commercial on TV showing all the features of the PS3?  Who else knows besides people who own a PS3 that now we have stupid photo enhancement?  When you want to sell something, you advertise.  This is another useless feature.

Now before anyone says "these commercials are stupid" or "I've never seen them" or "Sony doesn't advertise", please save it.  It's obvious that many on this forum don't watch much television and/or these ads go right over your heads. 

None of them show the Photo Gallery, just games (which everyone knows) and Movies.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jan 24, 2009
Well before you go off about how Sony should be more like Xbox Live. People pay for Xbox live. We do not pay for the multiplayer system we have. Im fine with the way it is since I dont have to pay for it. If you want Xbox Live then go get a 360 and pay for it!
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (7 Views)
Survivor
2723 posts

Jan 24, 2009
anyone here actually work for sony? cause that is the only way anyone will know they aren't listening to us. just because you never suggested a photo app, doesn't mean it hasn't been mentioned in one way or another. they have been working on the game side for a while now. 2.4 gave us in-game xmb to help with messaging people while in a game and starting different games from within a different game and trophies. 2.5 worked on the video side of things, allowing for flash and divx support. now 2.6 works on the photo options. and all through out the different above mentioned updates were ones meant to make game titles work better with issues that were found. all this stuff i have seen posted in one area or another. just because they aren't giving you what you want, when you want it, does not mean that they aren't working on it. or, even, haven't been listening to us.
of course it was working before it failed, that happens!
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (7 Views)
Wastelander
657 posts

Jan 24, 2009

autohacker2000 wrote:
anyone here actually work for sony? cause that is the only way anyone will know they aren't listening to us. just because you never suggested a photo app, doesn't mean it hasn't been mentioned in one way or another. they have been working on the game side for a while now. 2.4 gave us in-game xmb to help with messaging people while in a game and starting different games from within a different game and trophies. 2.5 worked on the video side of things, allowing for flash and divx support. now 2.6 works on the photo options. and all through out the different above mentioned updates were ones meant to make game titles work better with issues that were found. all this stuff i have seen posted in one area or another. just because they aren't giving you what you want, when you want it, does not mean that they aren't working on it. or, even, haven't been listening to us.

A voice of reason in this thread, finally.

JCMercenary
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6529 posts

Jan 25, 2009

JCMercenary wrote:

autohacker2000 wrote:

A voice of reason in this thread, finally.

really? ...what value did the Photo Gallery bring; what features does app have that couldn't be done from the XMB?

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6529 posts

Jan 25, 2009

CaptainAlbator wrote:

sinsin07 wrote:

Euphoria_IRI wrote:

first video: I'm joe blow consumer..."what am I watching?"

second video: I'm joe blow consumer..."whats a PS3"

Third video:  I'm joe blow consumer..."what am I watching?"

All these commercials are for PS3 fans...that's why we understand them.  Sony needs more aggressive advertising; directly challenging the others consoles.  i.e. these are features PS3 can do that the competition can't. Sony has been sending me advertisement emails, why?...showing us commercials that only PS3 fas will understand.  Sony is not going to sell hardware by adverstisig to people that already own the console.  We are one month away from Killzone 2; most likely the game of the year...not one commercial exploiting this huge opportunity to sell hardware.

Message Edited by ThePunisher on 01-25-2009 10:12 AM

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24710 posts

Jan 25, 2009

ThePunisher wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

sinsin07 wrote:

Euphoria_IRI wrote:

first video: I'm joe blow consumer..."what am I watching?"

second video: I'm joe blow consumer..."whats a PS3"

Third video:  I'm joe blow consumer..."what am I watching?"

All these commercials are for PS3 fans...that's why we understand them.  Sony needs more aggressive advertising; directly challenging the others consoles.  i.e. these are features PS3 can do that the competition can't. Sony has been sending me advertisement emails, why?...showing us commercials that only PS3 fas will understand.  Sony is not going to sell hardware by adverstisig to people that already own the console.  We are one month away from Killzone 2; most likely the game of the year...not one commercial exploiting this huge opportunity to sell hardware.

Message Edited by ThePunisher on 01-25-2009 10:12 AM

No, it looks to me that these commercials are made for people with more than an 8th grade education. Send these commercials to someone who doesn't play video games and see what they say. 

To me the message of the third one is VERY clear. A guy gets a PS3 and then his girlfriend sees it can download movies. AH!! The Playstation 3 can do MORE than just play video games!! 

What do you want them to show? Two stoners from a Seth Rogen movie (personally I can't stand Seth Rogen) on the couch saying "dude, the PS3 totally rocks!!"? Is that the image you want the PS3 to have associated with it?

The other thing about Killzone 2, how far in advance do you want them to advertise? If you advertise too far ahead then interest peaks too soon and then drops off. And I don't want to hear "well they hype movies over a year in advance". Far more people go to movies than play video games. 

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (7 Views)