Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 18 2013
By: Charlie_Scene13 First Son 21 posts

Skyrim DLC

7 replies 170 views Edited Feb 18, 2013

You know, I wanted to get all of the DLC while it was 50% off. I had just enough in my account to get them... before I was charged for the "free" items in the last store update. I just do not have the luxury of going and buying a $20 card while I wait "a few weeks to fully resolve" the issue. And when I might have some money, the sale will most likely be over so the $12.50 I was going to pay will cost me $25. So thank you Sony and Playstation for **bleep** over a loyal customer that has supported you for years.

I will make my voice heard, I will not be silenced.

Update 4.45 killed my PS3.

Update 4.46 couldn't be installed until I formatted my 1TB HDD.
Message 1 of 8 (170 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15608 posts

Re: Skyrim DLC

Feb 18, 2013

HD gaming is an expensive hobby.  Sony's customer support processes are really not designed under the assumption that $20 is ever an issue for customers, except as a matter of principle.  We are talking about a console that cost $500-$600 when it launched less than 7 years ago. It's a luxury good. Makers of luxury goods assume that their customers have a few bucks to spare, and don't mind spending it on things nobody needs.  That's the way that it is.  I'm sure that Sony regrets any inconvenience that you may have been caused, but if gaming is a luxury that you can just barely afford, then these things will happen from time to time.

GKP
Message 2 of 8 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 20, 2013

I purchased the DLC from the PS store and it downloaded to my PS3.  I do not see where the DLC changed any of the game I am playing.  How do I load the downloaded DLC correctly or when do I see the Dragonborn content show up in the game?

Message 3 of 8 (125 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
4692 posts

Feb 20, 2013

It should show up right away, when you are outside.  Cultists will attack you, starting the Dragonborn quests.  For me it was while I was in Whiterun and walked out of my house, but probably it doesn't really matter where you are.

Message 4 of 8 (105 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 20, 2013

Got it, thank you.  I actually thought I ran into them prior to the load.  I just was expecting more map wise.  Any suggested character level before starting this quest?

Message 5 of 8 (98 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
4692 posts

Feb 20, 2013

Shanes_ID wrote:

Got it, thank you.  I actually thought I ran into them prior to the load.  I just was expecting more map wise.  Any suggested character level before starting this quest?

There are similar events in the main game, where people come up and attack you.  What do you mean more map wise?  It has its own new map.  Not especially large, but it's new; have you just not reached it yet?  I don't know about level; I think you can start it at any point.  I was level 51 but I don't think it should really matter much.

Message 6 of 8 (96 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
938 posts

Feb 20, 2013

for once, I am GLAD I never bought a game like Skyrim On ps3.. I bought my copy on Steam.. and guess what IT WORKS... 

Proud owner of a Ps3 since April 20th 2007 :-)
Owner of a Launch PS4 :-)
" **IF YOUR GETTING A PS4 FEEL FREE TO SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST** "
http://shaved.by/UFxE Click to get a Shave Club deal, and I get $5
Message 7 of 8 (90 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 20, 2013

It works on PS3, you just have to be smarter than the equipment you are using.. I was not!!  I was expecting to see something different but they rolled it smoothly into the existing game.  Probably better, I was just conditioned to see a clunky interface or a new island appear on the map.

Message 8 of 8 (84 Views)
0 Likes