Oct 13 2012
By: gmcanepa First Son 1 posts

Several games disappeared from ONE account after PS3 crashed

1 replies 257 views Edited Oct 13, 2012

Hi everyone,

I was playing Uncharted last night when the game freezed and the console crashed.

After rebooting, I realized that most of my games had disappeared from the list in my account. 

I switched to my wife's account, and the games are all there, perfectly playable.

So it's not that the games were deleted or anything, it's just that they don't show up in MY account.

Is there any way to restore or fix this list?

If not, is there a way to delete this account a create it again, without losing my saved games, downloaded content, trophys and every other custom material?

Message 1 of 2 (257 Views)
MVP Support
23649 posts

Re: Several games disappeared from ONE account after PS3 crashed

Oct 14, 2012

I would boot the PS3 in Safe Mode (http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=1488) and use the Rebuild Database option.  That won't affect your save data or installed software, and usually fixes missing icon problems.  Synchronize your Trophy Collection with the server first. Deleting your user profile will delete your game save data, as well as any trophies that are not synchronized with the server.  It won't affect installed games, add-ons, or videos.  

If the rebuild database command doesn't work, then you may have to create a new user profile.  The safest way to do this is to create the new user profile before deleting your current one, and copy all of your save data directly to the new user profile with the Copy command in the option menu before deleting the old profile.  You will have to use the Settings>System Settings>Restore Default Settings on the old user profile (which does not delete save data) before you can sign-up for Playstation Network with the new user profile.  You will also have to use a different PS3 User name for the new profile, but you can change it to the old one after you delete the old user profile.

Message 2 of 2 (246 Views)