Wastelander
676 posts

Re: 'Remove Games From Trophy List Option'

Oct 27, 2010

i want this also , i gamefly games so alot of the time ill pop in a game play it for 1 hour and not like it . now im stuck with a list full of games that are 1% complete. you should have the option to disable trophies all together if you choose. should at least be able to delete what ever you want from your console.

Message 21 of 74 (324 Views)
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Oct 27, 2010

ChrisI-I wrote:

I really don't see the whole purpose hear.  If you aquired and played a game why would you want to delete it?  If re-playing and deleteing the game save isn't enough for you make anotehr account.  I honestly don't see a large % of gamers benifiting from this and I see even less willing to pay any price you listed to back track on their trophy count.

thats your opinion. most people would use this feature if it were available, end of story.

Resident Evil Sig Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 22 of 74 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Oct 27, 2010

M4DSK1LLZ420 wrote:

i want this also , i gamefly games so alot of the time ill pop in a game play it for 1 hour and not like it . now im stuck with a list full of games that are 1% complete. you should have the option to disable trophies all together if you choose. should at least be able to delete what ever you want from your console.

well said. 100% agree.

Resident Evil Sig Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 23 of 74 (324 Views)
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Oct 27, 2010

I'd like to see my trophy level increase rather than get 100% completetion, every little trophy counts

Message 24 of 74 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Oct 28, 2010

LightAce wrote:

I'd like to see my trophy level increase rather than get 100% completetion, every little trophy counts

LOL, I hear ya. That's usually my approach to it too. However, it would be at least nice to have the option to 'hide' some of the less than success trophy list (for example those w/ less than 10% of trophies achieved).

R.I.P. to my beloved 40gb ceramic white 2007-2011 (YLOD)

Message 25 of 74 (324 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Mar 5, 2011

I concur with the opinion that we need an option to delete a trophy list for games that we no longer have.  Between Gamefly and the ability to sell the games I don't care for anymore back to Gamestop, I really don't like seeing the trophy list for those games.  I've never achieve anymore for that particular game.  We, the PS3 owners, should have control of this as it is a reflection of our library/achievements.

PSN, lets make this happen!

Message 26 of 74 (324 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Mar 12, 2011

how can we make some difference and let some of sony representatives see our complain ow get and answer about this matter?

Message 27 of 74 (324 Views)
Splicer
82 posts

Mar 12, 2011

I agree with people on this one.

We should be allowed the right to accept trophies, and also remove ones that connect to games we do not want listed. Because if we change our minds, we can choose to earn them again.

For example, I collect costumes of characters that I like. As in ones tied to RPG and fighting games, even more those that may have done both. However, I can understand this due to the fact that some items have to be obtained by playing games. And for some, they must choose to either not have an outfit or item of a character they love or have trophies of a game they hate.

Besides, I also am one that would not care if I could get rid of items I either have purchased or won and no longer want. So having what they want might be a good idea, considering the number of bad games that might come our way... As well as the reminders of the fact they played those games.

Message 28 of 74 (324 Views)
MVP Support
18326 posts

Mar 12, 2011

So basically what you want is the ability to have your PSN profile list only the games that you succeeded in "Platinuming", but not any of the games that you didn't.  That is kind of like an athlete insisting that his record only include the number of wins that he earned, but not the losses. It's a form a cheating, at least for people that compete for completion percentage; and that is why Sony is not going to do it. If you want to compete on earning trophies, and many PS3 owners don't; then you should have to expose your entire record, or none of it. That is the only way for people to tell how "awesome" you really are.  You should not be able to edit your record at your whim, any more than any other participant in a competitive activity should.  You only want this ability so that you can hide things that you either failed at, or gave up on; so you look better than you really are. That is why you are not going to get it.

If you are worried about being able to try out a game without having it added to your trophy record, just create another PSN account for testing games under.  You can have as many PSN accounts as you have e-mail addresses, and you can get unlimited free e-mail addresses. You can try the game out with your second PSN account, and if you like it enough to play it through, then you can restart the game under your main PSN account and make it count.  That's legitimate in my view. It is no different than renting a cartridge game to try it out.  You can't transfer your save, so if you decide to buy a copy to play it through, you have to start over after you buy it.  Did you ever consider that option?

GKP
Message 29 of 74 (324 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 15, 2011

Actually you are wrong,

I took my PS3 to the university to play with some friends, one of them brought FIFA 2011 and COD Modern Warfare 2, so that we could play some 4 player game together.

Now my system have these 2 games with 0% and 1% trophy completion and i will never play them again.

Message 30 of 74 (324 Views)