Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 25 2013
By: LINK1733 First Son 3 posts

Question about backups and new hdds

5 replies 61 views Edited Feb 25, 2013

Ok so I am thinking about upgrading to a new hdd for my ps3 and I am doing a backup and I saw that it doesn't backup everything. So I was wondering that if I get a new hdd and install it and do a restore if everything will be put back on to the new hdd, and once I login with my psn id will I have all my trophies and that info back?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (61 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Re: Question about backups and new hdds

Feb 25, 2013

Hi there. Your trophies need to be synched with your PSN account. To do this, go to Playstation Network tab, select "Trophy Collection", press triangle and select "Sync with server" (I've changed my HDD today, and already did it).

And what would be "that info"?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (55 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Just like the trophies and friends and all my purchases and saves in the cloud.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (53 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Oh, right. Your saves in the cloud, they are just there. I think you just need to login to your PSN account go under "Game" tab, select "Saved Data Utility (PS3)", open the Online Storage and download the saved data to your PS3. As for the purchases, I don't know if they'll show up once the backup restoration is finished (I didn't restore mine yet), but I think they will. Otherwise it would be a pain in the **bleep** to download it all again.

And your friends just show up as soon as you login to your PSN account.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (46 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Oh, one more thing. After you sync your trophies there's two ways to show them up in your screen. If you press triangle on "Trophy Collection" and go to "Switch modes", you'll see there's online and offline mode.

On the online mode the PS3's going to load up the data in the server (even if you don't sync with servers) and show your PSN "portable" ID (your avatar, your trophy level on PSN, how much "xp" your have to go to the next trophy level and your PSN nickname).

On the offline mode, it's required to sync the PS3 with servers. If you select it, it'll show the trophy data downloaded on your PS3, and will not show the PSN portable ID, but it's a quicker way to view your trophies, since they're already downloaded and not being loaded from an external server.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 25, 2013

sweet. Thank you so much for all the helpful info. I was pretty sure about all that but I needed someone else to say it also. Now I can go get a new hdd and download all the games! 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (38 Views)
0 Likes