Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: Purchased official ps3 headset and misplaced the usb adapter, how can i replace?

Sep 27, 2012

Help me prmote my Page informing other PS3 customers about this products problem. So Sony steps up and does something or people do not have $100 electronic ear muffs (worthless) with out the Adapter  this is the page i created on FB http://www.facebook.com/SonyPs3Wireless7.1Headset

Message 11 of 30 (7,750 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Purchased official ps3 headset and misplaced the usb adapter, how can i replace?

Oct 4, 2012

no, the 150$ one uses blue tooth and has 7.1 surround sound

Message 12 of 30 (7,695 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 2, 2012
Just bought the new Sony headsets and on the.second day I lost the USB adapter. The good thing is the new ones come.w.an.aux jack so not a total loss. If your desperate and dishonest buy one at walmart n return it without the adapter XD
Message 13 of 30 (7,546 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Nov 14, 2012
Same problem need to replace it...
Please if someone's knows anything don't hesitate
Message 14 of 30 (7,424 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 29, 2012
Message 15 of 30 (7,006 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 15, 2013

I tought every single dongle had a unique encryption that makes it irreplaceable, right ? 

Message 16 of 30 (6,810 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Did they end up giving you a new headset.

Message 17 of 30 (6,722 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 26, 2013

I would like to inform everyone who is looking for a misplaced/ lost/ broken usb dongle for the PS3 wireless headset, that Sony basically has you in its grip.  They DO NOT sell it as a replacement part, they WANT YOU TO BUY AN ENTIRE NEW HEADSET, so they do not offer this dongle as a replacement part.  And a generic one will not work because they have found a way to restrict this from happening (their own programming).  So don't waste your money on the Chinese knock off offered online for $15=$50 dollars that guarantees it will work, it won't, Radio Shack confirmed this to me. 

My son misplaced one in his bedroom, I knew it was in there, and after looking for an entire day and then placing a call to Sony, and holding for 25 minutes, I was informed from a very snotty and rude CustomerService Representative that "certainly you can replace it; by buying  an entire new headset".   What the hey?????   So I kept looking and finally found it.  

Another reason to stick with Microsoft XBox, they really stand by their product and will sell you any loose part of the XBox you need as a replacement part.  They also have top quality tech service, very little wait times, and experienced techees to help.  On  a 1 (being poor) to a10 (being excellent) scale,  I place Sony down there at a 2.....and Miscrsoft Xbox  at a 10.

CALL SONY AND VOICE YOUR DISPLEASURE AT BEING TAKING ADVANTAGE OF AS A CONSUMER WHO PURCHASES THEIR PRODUCTS AND TRUSTS THEM TO STAND BY IT.  I DID, and now they know what kind of rating I give them, maybe if they get enough calls from unhappy PS3 supporters; they will consider offering the dongle  as a replacement part for those of you who cannot locate  yours.

Message 18 of 30 (6,669 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

YOU are 100% right.....and the only way to replace it is to buy an entire new headset.

Message 19 of 30 (6,669 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 26, 2013

This is slightly off the topic but I'm having trouble getting the headset to work with my pc after I upgraded to Windows 8, does anyone know if there is a driver update I have to download or if its just not compatible with windows 8 yet?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 20 of 30 (6,666 Views)
0 Likes