Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 03 2011
By: Siax1 Splicer 47 posts

Ps3 restoring corrupted data not functioning correctly

42 replies 42834 views Edited Oct 3, 2011

Ok, I'm not sure this is the right part of the forums to come to about this but anyway... Today I couldn't get on ps home so I tried to delete it but it was taking to long so I shut off my ps3 (which I feel I should not have done.) So next I try to turn on my ps3 and it says harddisk data has been corrupted and it will restore it etc. So the whole day now I've been waiting for the data to restore and all it does is goto 100% after hours of waiting then it tells me I have to restore again and the pattern continues. I fear that my data will never come back :smileysad: I need suggestions on what the problem might be and how I can fix it.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 43 (42,834 Views)
Fender Bender
3314 posts

Re: Ps3 restoring corrupted data not functioning correctly

Oct 3, 2011

Go into safe mode and select option 4 (restore database) first, then go back into safe mode and select option 3 (restore file system). That should take care of the problem without harming any important data on your HDD.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 43 (42,834 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Oct 3, 2011

You should also make backups of your important save data (like your Home avatar and personal space customizations) onto a spare USB thumb drive with Saved Data Utility. That way, you'll rarely find yourself in a situation where your data might be lost forever.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 43 (42,834 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 3, 2011

I thought I was the only one with this problem, basically yesterday, I could not find the PsHome icon im my ps3. So I turned it off then on, but I could not find it, and then I went to play one of my games which I downloaded from PsStore and realised that none of them were there, in the folder was saying "21 unknown items" so I pressed X to expand the file, then the file gone :smileyfrustrated:

My ps3 was running slowly than normal, then the screen turned all black so I felt forced to turn the ps3 off manually, when I turned it on came a message saying that the ps3 wasnt running correcly and I should get the new version, but I had downloaded it 4 days ago I guess. Anyway then I downloaded the new version from the PC and did all the steps on my Ps3 but I still not finding the Ps Home and my downloaded games. So I tried to restore the system... but it is taking so long, I'm waiting at least five hours more :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 43 (42,835 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1545 posts

Oct 4, 2011

Mine has been acting slow since the update as well. Now today I'm getting the same corupted file message. Its currently restoring since i had no other option. I tryed the safe mode first,  but it just wants to rebuild hard disk.

BannerFans.com
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 43 (42,834 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1545 posts

Oct 4, 2011

Sorry for not editing my post, but my phone won't let me.

After an hour of rebuilding the hdd every thing seema back to normal.

Good luck every one.

BannerFans.com
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 43 (42,834 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Oct 4, 2011

You've dodged that bullet, so make sure your backups are in order for next time!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 43 (42,834 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 25, 2012

How long should it take to start rebuilding database, cause its been preparing for over an hour now

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 43 (41,952 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 25, 2012

if thers n option to not restor the corrupted data do it, then find the currupted data n try to deleted manually, then turn off n try restoring than if possible

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 43 (41,950 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Oct 6, 2012

my ps when i turn on appear a notification that say that it need to restart because its corrupted but when the bar gets 100 percent they restart but when it turn on it appear the same notification...... what do i need to do ?

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 43 (40,668 Views)