Jun 11 2013
By: gamerdude990 First Son 2 posts

Ps3 from Walmart

3 replies 91 views Edited Jun 11, 2013

Hi guys I have a problem that's bothering me. So I went and bought a ps3 at walmart, I got the uncharted 3 game of the year 250 GB bundle. But that all aside, I brought it home and connected it to my TV and it wouldn't show anything on the TV. So I looked online and found an answer. I just had to reset it back to default standard resolution, because it was on hd. But the problem was, why would it be on HD when I bought it brand new. So I reset it and the first words I got was the health information in some sort of Asian writing , I don't know if it was Japanese or korean but the whole menu and xmb was already in that language . Also there was already a user in the same language and some data in the game utility from like NBA 2k 14 or something. And a network connection on it i think. And that was about it. So as you can guess by now it didn't take me through the first time boot up process asking me the language, date and time. And that's what's really bugging me. Is it all supposed to be like that at start up or has there maybe been some sort of weird mix up at the store? I'd really appreciate any answers. Thank you

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
598 posts

Re: Ps3 from Walmart

Jun 11, 2013

i would first take pictures then show it to the people at walmart

Then return it and get a new system

Hello the name is Akari_Verdugo the Holy Knight a pleasure to meet you.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (88 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3909 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

gamerdude990 wrote:

Hi guys I have a problem that's bothering me. So I went and bought a ps3 at walmart, I got the uncharted 3 game of the year 250 GB bundle. But that all aside, I brought it home and connected it to my TV and it wouldn't show anything on the TV. So I looked online and found an answer. I just had to reset it back to default standard resolution, because it was on hd. But the problem was, why would it be on HD when I bought it brand new. So I reset it and the first words I got was the health information in some sort of Asian writing , I don't know if it was Japanese or korean but the whole menu and xmb was already in that language . Also there was already a user in the same language and some data in the game utility from like NBA 2k 14 or something. And a network connection on it i think. And that was about it. So as you can guess by now it didn't take me through the first time boot up process asking me the language, date and time. And that's what's really bugging me. Is it all supposed to be like that at start up or has there maybe been some sort of weird mix up at the store? I'd really appreciate any answers. Thank you

That obviously has been used. Either from someone who returned it to Wal-Mart, or someone at the factory / shipping warehouse.

I don't know what happened, but it is definitely an interesting mystery.

I would not even bother taking pictures. Just return it to wal-mart. They have a "no questions" policy, as long as you have the receipt and return it in the week-or-so they limit you to.

Or, you could go in to detail and just tell them what happened and that you would like to exchange it for another bundle.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (80 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 11, 2013

OK thanks! :smileyvery-happy: I'll go and do that. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (77 Views)
0 Likes