Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 08 2012
By: DarklyCrazed First Son 10 posts

Ps3 Wont Start!! PLEASE HELP

8 replies 159 views Edited Sep 8, 2012

My Ps3 is a 80gb july 2008 model and when I flip the switch in the back the red standby light shows and when I turn the ps3 on it beeps once like its going to turn on then turns green for a split second , then turns off like it was never turned on.

So the story is that I bought this ps3 used (in the same condition it is now) on craigslist. The Previous owner told me that he had the Power supply replaced, so I thought nothing of it. I finally got the ps3 and tried to figure out the problem via Google but as usual no luck :/   So, I went home and Checked the power supply ( i have no warranty) . I didint see a problem, but i still bought a new power supply , put it in there and boom. NOTHING . same problem.  I reallly need to find out what wrong with my ps3. ( Btw people tell me that my psp charger could help but my psp charger wont fit in the back of the ps3) 

Thanks in advance Chris

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (159 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28594 posts

Re: Ps3 Wont Start!! PLEASE HELP

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2012

No yellow light at all, not even for a split second?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Sep 8, 2012
Regretably as the system does not have all of its original parts, it wont be considered serviceable by Sony. You will have to take it to a 3rd party service for the repairs. I would suggest searching online for reputable locations in your area. Sony does not authorize or license anyone to service the playstation systems, so I wish you the best of luck.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Sep 8, 2012

no not even for a second

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (149 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Sep 8, 2012

i did call sony once.. They said that they couldnt because i dont have a serial number :/

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Sep 8, 2012
Anymore Help? Please
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Sep 8, 2012
Google.com, Yellow pages. Im sure someone out there knows somthing about solid state electronics. No guarantee that they will be able to service the system however. Have you tried returning it to the person you purchased it from? Again, good luck with that.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Sep 8, 2012

I cant return it because i bought it in texas while i was on vacation,  but im getting fed up. I think i am just going to have to sell it :/

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (138 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Ok for those of you who wanted to know the resutls , well i opened up the system and just reflowed it. and Also the Power supply was messed up so i had to buy another . So i just Reflowed it and Put in a new PSU and It worked! Any questions justPM me

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (77 Views)
0 Likes