Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 25 2012
By: xJeRmZz First Son 6 posts

Problems with game/xmb 'lag' please help!

4 replies 91 views Edited Nov 25, 2012
Hey could someone help me out? So I'm having the same issues where my xmb is lagging, most of my single player games run so slowly they're unplayable, etc., and I did the rebuild database stuff and that didn't help, restored default settings, and I even went as far as saving all of my saved data to a flash drive and then completely restoring my system, but all of the same issues are still there with no improvement. It's been doing this for over a month now and nothing I've tried works. Does anyone have any idea why this is doing this? And any solutions to this problem would probably make me the happiest person alive. PLZ HELP!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Re: Problems with game/xmb 'lag' please help!

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

Your PS3 may'be close to having the YLOD. Your problem is probably your motherboards thermal paste try adding some to it or it might be the whole motherboard thats close to messing up.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (88 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Christ man I just went and figured out how to do that and...well...­čś░ I am no kind of person to be tryin that lol. Thanks a lot though
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (85 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14116 posts

Nov 25, 2012

Microchips don't actually lag.  They all run at a very precise speed, or not at all, generally.  The most likely cause is that you hard disk is failing.  You can replace the hard disk yourself, and it doesn't even void the warranty.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (83 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Nov 25, 2012
I would do that but I'm not entirely sure if it actually is the hard drive, and if I get a new one and it turns out to not be the problem then that's just wasted money
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (81 Views)
0 Likes