Sep 13 2013
By: IAmMarcusYouSee First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

Problem with original ps3 please help!

5 replies 206 views Edited Sep 13, 2013

I have the original ps3 the big one with the switch on the back.  I was trying to rehook it up so i could play Kingdom Hearts 1.5 tonight... However i was having issues with it my tv screen was black no sound ps3 was on with green light.  So i did the trick where you hold the button down and you hear the beeps.  Now i wasn't exactly sure how to do this so i tried both ways.  I pressed the button beep when it turned on beep again.... and nothing happened.  Tried it waiting for the third beep and after it beeped the system just shut down.  I tried switching hdmi cords (all i have are hdmi cords) and none of them work with the ps3 (i know the actual cords work because they hooked up my tv and work just fine... i don't know what to do anymore!! please help me!

Message 1 of 6 (206 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
23298 posts

Re: Problem with original ps3 please help!

Sep 13, 2013

Try Safe Mode. This will also reset your video output. Click the words Safe Mode for a link and follow the video.

Message 2 of 6 (182 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Sep 14, 2013
Just tried safe mode. Safe mode didn't come up atl screen completly blank. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 6 (145 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
23298 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2013

Are you sure your TV is on the correct input/channel? If so it's possible your HDMI port on the PS#3 or television is damaged. You'll have to try composite cables.

Message 4 of 6 (137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 14, 2013
Yeah i think thats what it might be... i went out this morning and bought composite cables and they work fine. Thank you for your help! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12204 posts

Sep 14, 2013

IAmMarcusYouSee wrote:
Yeah i think thats what it might be... i went out this morning and bought composite cables and they work fine. Thank you for your help! Smiley Happy

now keep your hdmi cable plugged in with your composite cables, go to ps3 settings change display to hdmi and then change channel to hdmi

you messed up your step earlier when you tell ps3 to auto detect hdmi settings because I've seen it before with others and was fixed, but try this anyway.

Message 6 of 6 (124 Views)
0 Likes