Monster Hunter
33 posts

Re: Problem after update to 4.45

Jun 20, 2013

RobZ92 wrote:

software updates can be downloaded from the psblog and intalled via the safe mode with a usb device

4.41... what's your drug ? lol, need a 4.45 or more...

Please use plain text.
Message 2511 of 4,406 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Jun 20, 2013
Well I hate to pull a microsoft, but anyone who owns a playstation 3 and is having this issue can obviously afford a ps3, games, and internet. If they don't have ONE thumb drive in their house, they must be pilgrims.
Please use plain text.
Message 2512 of 4,406 (865 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
38 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Sony should do this.

Rename the 4.41.

No, you are stupid.

Please use plain text.
Message 2513 of 4,406 (853 Views)
Splicer
59 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Lelo4Ever wrote:

1)There is no such things as "Save on the cloud only" nor "Plus slots"... Plus subscribers have the hability to backup saves on the cloud ... but the saves are still local... they are NOT cloud dependant... you can for instance swap you HDD and recover you saves from the cloud... if you are not + subscriber,  the only way to do that is through a physical backup... 

Thanks for the explanation.  I had thought from the rather minimal "do you want to keep your game saves on the cloud" message the system gives us that it was one or the other.  I didn't want my saves (of primarily single-player games) to be susceptible to PSN issues and internet connection issues, so I always said "no" because I wanted them available locally.  If it's just a backup copy of the save that goes on the cloud, then I'll start taking advantage of that (once this issue is fixed and I can get to any of them that is).

Please use plain text.
Message 2514 of 4,406 (841 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
44 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Called Sony today and got a slightly different responce. Tuesday & Wednesday when I called, I was told something along the lines of "We don't know, just wait". The first time I called today I said "Well, one of my two machines that were affected by 4.45 is still under warrantee, so just fix it". and the guy said "No, we're not taking those in, just wait to see if there's a fix later". However, the second time I called Sony (for a problem with my Vita sim card) I asked again "Is there any news on a fix for the 4.45 catastrophy?", to which the lady had to check. She came back 3-4 minutes later and asked for my phone number, then said "They are working on getting it fixed and what we're doing is opening a service request number for affected machines and someone will call you as soon as there is a fix".

Nothing great, but it's at least something different than the past 2 days worth of "Format your HDD" & "We don't know, watch the blog for news on it".

www.DieselsGamingSquad.MFBiz.com
Please use plain text.
Message 2515 of 4,406 (773 Views)
First Son
23 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Leingoda wrote:

RobZ92 wrote:

software updates can be downloaded from the psblog and intalled via the safe mode with a usb device

4.41... what's your drug ? lol, need a 4.45 or more...

I know that 4.41 is the current one on the psblog, but I'm saying that when the 4.4x is released it will most likely be uploaded to the blog shortly after

Please use plain text.
Message 2516 of 4,406 (755 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1665 posts

Jun 20, 2013

I just talked it over with Sony...

There is no garentee that our Saved Information will still be there once this is Fixed...

It apears, Sony still doesn't know anything at this Point... ~_~

Could this Mess go beyond that of the Weekend, too...

My weekend could be over before this is Fixed, & yet I had Work Off, too...

I don't know about anyone else, but i'm pretty sure Sony doesn't learn from Past Mistakes...

Their Updates just seem to get worst, & worst...

We all know they test their Updates before they make them Live, but I kinda wander how well their Testing is...
Maybe it's time Sony found a New way to Test their Updates out... A Better Solution to Testing Updates, ~_~

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 2517 of 4,406 (714 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jun 20, 2013

FooF-Diesel wrote:

Called Sony today and got a slightly different responce. Tuesday & Wednesday when I called, I was told something along the lines of "We don't know, just wait". The first time I called today I said "Well, one of my two machines that were affected by 4.45 is still under warrantee, so just fix it". and the guy said "No, we're not taking those in, just wait to see if there's a fix later". However, the second time I called Sony (for a problem with my Vita sim card) I asked again "Is there any news on a fix for the 4.45 catastrophy?", to which the lady had to check. She came back 3-4 minutes later and asked for my phone number, then said "They are working on getting it fixed and what we're doing is opening a service request number for affected machines and someone will call you as soon as there is a fix".

Nothing great, but it's at least something different than the past 2 days worth of "Format your HDD" & "We don't know, watch the blog for news on it".

Thanks for the update.  Sony themselves should really be posting this information.

Please use plain text.
Message 2518 of 4,406 (702 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Thanks for the explanation.  I had thought from the rather minimal "do you want to keep your game saves on the cloud" message the system gives us that it was one or the other.  I didn't want my saves (of primarily single-player games) to be susceptible to PSN issues and internet connection issues, so I always said "no" because I wanted them available locally.  If it's just a backup copy of the save that goes on the cloud, then I'll start taking advantage of that (once this issue is fixed and I can get to any of them that is).

It's a copy.  Your PS3 still saves to your HDD (I'm guessing in case there's a loss in connection) and you can set it to automatically or manually back up onto into the cloud.

Which was awesome, because I was (luckily) able to get 4.45 to work after I popped my original HDD back in, and could then download Bordrlands 2/the cloud save and continue playing co-op that night!

Please use plain text.
Message 2519 of 4,406 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Jun 20, 2013
The funny thing is, as a trophy hunter, this patch was a slap right in my face. But I will take this abuse if I can just play my games with no save data lost... or at the very least start the grind over...
Please use plain text.
Message 2520 of 4,406 (668 Views)