Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 20 2012
By: P_ONeill116 First Son 2 posts

Playstation wont turn on?

3 replies 130 views Edited Nov 20, 2012

Hey everyone. This just happened to me today: I went to turn my playstation on, and it does. It will go green and turn on for about 5-6seconds; then flip to red, blink about 5-7times, then go solid red. No picture, no audio, not anything. Does anybody know what it wrong or how to fix it?

By the way, its a few years old, so returning it/warranty is out of the question. Should I just bite the bullet and buy a new one? Or is there a cheaper way to fix it?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Re: Playstation wont turn on?

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2012

You have the YLOD, Either buy a new PS3 or have it reballed. Reball is basically a permanent fix to your PS3 it'll cost around $80-140 with warranty I think. Theres another option which is to let Sony fix it for you but it'll cost like $150 and it will YLOD again as their repair wont last long. Check here for the reball, And also here's sony's number if you want to go with them 800-345-SONY and their hours Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific. (I suggest you reball, Its cheaper. But buy a new Slim PS3 its time to update). Good Luck. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (120 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Hey, thanks a lot :smileyhappy: You pretty much confirmed what I had already thought. I think I'm gonna hold off on fixing it, and just buy a whole new system. But I do have a question though: With buying a new system, do the trophies/downloaded content get automatically transferred over; like are they on a server or something??

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (96 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5911 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Sign into the new system using your current PSN ID and your trophies will "transfer" over - they are tied to your ID.  Same with DLC - except you will have to download it again.  Check in your purchase history in the PSN store.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (83 Views)
0 Likes