Nov 15 2012
By: piedude1 Hekseville Citizen 324 posts
Accepted Solution

Playstation TV

6 replies 207 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

I already posted a message like this, but no one responded. Is this 3D Playstation display good at $160? I have an old tv that is 26" but has a flat screen with a big back end, if you know what i mean.

Message 1 of 7 (207 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38464 posts

Re: Playstation TV

Nov 15, 2012

This Sony branded 3D TV started off at nearer $300.00 new some months back, it is now around half that, to be honest it's not a TV I would reccommend, I don't say that from personal experience however but I do say it from my experience with many others here on these Forums, most have been complaints about black screens.

The price drop has seen some more interest in the unit, I love Sony & most of their products, but even if I was in need of a TV, which i'm not  I'm sorry to say I would not buy this one.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 7 (199 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 15, 2012
The PS 3D display is not a TV, it is only a monitor. This isn't a big deal if you just plan to play games on it, or have a digital tuner box, but you won't be able to get OTA channels on it by itself.

This product actually started at $500, and has steadily decreased over the past year to $180 at Best Buy. And extra glasses are down to $30 at Best Buy too.

At $180 this product IMO is a pretty good buy, if you do have problems with it, this product should have a 1 year warranty on it so it will be replaced if you have any issues with it. Past the warranty period, if something goes wrong, I think you should just junk it because the cost of repairing would be too much compared to what you paid for it. But if something were to go wrong with it, it should happen within the warranty period...
Message 3 of 7 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Nov 15, 2012

So what's the difference between the moniter? IDK what OTA stands for. So, yes, or no?

Message 4 of 7 (184 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38464 posts

Nov 15, 2012

piedude1 wrote:

So what's the difference between the moniter? IDK what OTA stands for. So, yes, or no?

OTA means Over The Air, as in TV channels sent over the airwaves to your TV, monitors generally cannot receive them.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 5 of 7 (182 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 16, 2012

piedude1 wrote:

This product just functions as a display for whatever is plugged into it. Also this display does not come with a remote control, but is compatible with the newer PS3 remote control sold separately. 

If you are looking for a cheap 3D display, you aren't go to get any cheaper than this for some time...

Message 6 of 7 (176 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
717 posts

Nov 22, 2012

piedude1 wrote:

In other words, it won't show any TV Channels unless you connect a Digital Cable Box or Satelite receiver.

It all depends on what all you depend to do with the PS3 3D Display: play games only, or do a combination of games & movies. Also how comfortable are you with 3D? The style of 3D this unit has is Active 3D, so the 3D glasses are battery-powered & when on they darken a little. 

Message 7 of 7 (160 Views)
0 Likes