Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 26 2012
By: Brandon_2535 First Son 17 posts

PULSE Headset - Sidetone Issue

20 replies 1095 views Edited Dec 26, 2012

So, I got a PULSE headset for Christmas. I like it for the most part, but I can't seem to get the sidetone working. I've done what it says on the manual and looked it up online. I've tried all three modes and none of them seem to work. I don't know if it's a problem with my headset, all PULSE headsets, or something else. It's bothering me, though. I had previously been using the older official wireless model and it worked just fine aside from some strange feedback noises here and there. The sidetone on that was perfect, though. I find it very odd having to talk and not really be able to hear myself. I feel like I'm alway shouting. Like I said, I searched online, but I couldn't find anyone with an answer. So, can anyone help me?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (1,095 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Re: PULSE Headset - Sidetone Issue

Dec 26, 2012
Are you wearing the headphones backwards? The mics are on the 'front' of the headset... The power swich and light should be on your left side when the headphones are on your head..
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (1,072 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Dec 26, 2012
Yes, I'm wearing them correctly.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (1,068 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Dec 26, 2012
I'm actually having this same issue. Some help would be appreciated. I have the Elite model. And am testing them on Black Ops 2
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (1,051 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Dec 26, 2012
I haven't tested this yet, but I hope it works. I thought I already had UPnP enabled, but I did get a new router and modem recently. Anyway, someone on Amazon said that they were having a similar issue and that after they enabled UPnP and made it available on their PS3, they were able to make the sidetone work correctly. Which, is odd considering the sidetone worked for me with the last official headset and it doesn't seem like it would be related to the internet anyway, but there you go. Try it out. The guy also mentioned that the highest setting isn't really that loud, but it does work. So, I'm not really happy either way.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (1,046 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Dec 26, 2012
Well I tried it, and it didn't work :/ I already have uPnP enabled on my router and my PS3 already detects that it's available. Let me know if it happens to work for you though. I just don't see how an audio feature that's built into the headset would have anything to do with the Internet anyway
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (1,039 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Dec 26, 2012
That's unfortunate. I'll give it a shot later today and let you know. I agree with you though, I just don't see how it could be related to the internet at all either. Very strange. Hope someone can shed some light on this issue for us.

Even if I do manage to fix the sidetone thing, I think I'll still prefer the old official model. It didn't fit me as well as the new one, but it got the job done and it was much easier to use. The buttons and sliders on the new headset seem like they are harder to reach and use than the ones on the old headset. Maybe I just need to get used to the ones on the new headset, but it just doesn't feel as easy to access everything. The mute button for one thing is a huge annoyance. It's quite small and they put it in like the worst possible spot. On the old model, all you had to do was tap the side of the headset.

I also don't really care for the BassImpact at all. It might be nice for music, but I'm not enjoying it while playing games and have been keeping it turned completely off.

I'm not sure if this new headset is supposed to sound any better than the older model or not, but I can't really tell the difference. To be fair, I haven't played any games yet that have amazing audio, so maybe I should try that first.

So, aside from looking nicer and fitting my head better, I'm unimpressed so far.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (1,030 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Dec 27, 2012

I'm also having the same issues - I hold the mute button and hear the beeps, but nothing seems to change. any assistance would be great 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (991 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Dec 27, 2012
I can't seem to make it work.

I'm starting to think the sidetone is simply broken on this headset, considering I've yet to find someone who has actually been able to make it work.

Even with the slight static, I preferred the high sidetone on the older official wireless headset and I'm starting to consider going back to those.

Anyone find a good setting for the BassImpact? It doesn't seem to work very well for me when playing games. It seems random and on some games it feels slightly delayed. I know there are different modes, but even then it seems odd. They work great for listening to music, though.

However, unless someone can find a solution to this issue, I'm thinking about returning them. No sidetone, don't like BassImpact, don't seem to sound any better than the older model, and I don't like the placement of the controls and buttons.

Alright, I just did a live chat with Sony and they weren't really able to help me. Apparently, the sidetone doesn't work unless the mic is supposed to be activated. So, like playing a game online or doing a voice/video chat via the PS3. They told me to start a voice/video chat via the Friends icon on the PS3. Go here and adjust the sidetone for yourself and see what you get. For me, nothing seemed to change. I still couldn't hear myself that well. So, I guess it was built that way. There was nothing else they could do to help me. Guess you either have to live with it or take it back if you still can.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (982 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2012

There is also a sidetone/sound balance slider on the left front side of the headset..  Try sliding it downwards.. I've seen some kids not be able to figure this headset out, because it has like a dozen unmarked controls on it, lol.  They always want to go back to an 'older version' which seems so cheesy to me.  I got it to work, and it's worth every single dollar I spent for it!!  You gotta read the manual, which is folded up inside the packaging somewhere.  Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (974 Views)
0 Likes