Jan 21 2013
By: DalekInAFez First Son 5 posts
Accepted Solution

PSN Problem

[ Edited ]
3 replies 107 views Edited Jan 21, 2013

Okay so here's my problem. I haven't used my PSNid for a few years now and recently i've tried creating a new one. My old PSNid email was a canada.com address. 

So I made a new PSN but I want to change the address on my PS3 to my new email address but it is telling me I need to log into the old one first to change it over. But here's the problem...

Canada.com doesn't do emails anymore and terminated all the e-mail addresses so I CAN'T log into my old one to switch it over.

Can somebody PLEASE tell me someway I can get my New PSN (with my new e-mail address) on my PS3?

Message 1 of 4 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11728 posts

Re: PSN Problem

Jan 21, 2013
Call Sony.
Message 2 of 4 (98 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 21, 2013

I was saving that for my last resort but I guess i'll have to if no one can tell me anything by tomorrow.. :smileysad:. thanks though! :smileyhappy:.

Message 3 of 4 (95 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
19788 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Your PS3 does not have an e-mail address.  The e-mail address is associated with the PS3 user profile that you happened to be logged in to.  You can clear all of the PSN account information from the current user profile by using the Restore Default Settings menu command in the System Settings menu.  Alternately, you can create a new PS3 user under the Users category, and enter the new e-mail address when you Sign up for Playstation network with the new user.  If you don't want access to your old PSN account, then you don't need access to the old e-mail address, and you don't need to call Sony.

GKP
Message 4 of 4 (91 Views)
0 Likes