Jan 08 2013
By: Dirtsquirrel321 First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

PS3 won't turn on

5 replies 456 views Edited Jan 8, 2013
I received a PS3 Super Slim system for Christmas. I have been playing to for two weeks and everything was fine. Today, however, the system froze while I was playing a game. The system was unresponsive and could not be powered off. So, I unplugged it and let it sit for a few minutes. When I plugged it in, the system refused to start up, and still has not started up. I have tried many things, but it will not turn on and the controller gives 4 rapidly blinking lights. Is there anyway to fix this, or do I need to return it?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (456 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4145 posts

Re: PS3 won't turn on

Jan 8, 2013

Moved from PS3 General. :catsurprised:

space_cape!!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (451 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4510 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Dirtsquirrel321 wrote:
I received a PS3 Super Slim system for Christmas. I have been playing to for two weeks and everything was fine. Today, however, the system froze while I was playing a game. The system was unresponsive and could not be powered off. So, I unplugged it and let it sit for a few minutes. When I plugged it in, the system refused to start up, and still has not started up. I have tried many things, but it will not turn on and the controller gives 4 rapidly blinking lights. Is there anyway to fix this, or do I need to return it?

What exactly did you try?  Does the red standby light turn on?  From what you posted, I'd guess that you only tried to turn it on from the controller but you need to resync it.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (437 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 8, 2013

The red standby light does turn on, and I have tried with the controller plugged in and wireless, but nothing happens.  how do you re-sync a controller?  This is the first one I have ever owned.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (433 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4510 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Dirtsquirrel321 wrote:

The red standby light does turn on, and I have tried with the controller plugged in and wireless, but nothing happens.  how do you re-sync a controller?  This is the first one I have ever owned.

You just need to plug it in and press the PS button.  This may work to turn it on or it might have to be on, I'm not sure, but either way, you should be able to turn it on from the system's power button, which it still doesn't sound like you've tried.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (425 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Jeez I am an idiot.  It wasn't until your post I looked through the papers that came with it and discovered the standby light was the power button.  I feel like an idiot and your suggestion worked.  Thcontroller wasn't working because it did have to sync back up, which it could not do in standby.  Thank you very much.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (417 Views)