Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS3 to HDTV through HDMI No Signal

Oct 30, 2008
i'm having the same problem, but even with the component cables it says the same, you think the system is screwed? it's not a full year old but i can't find my reciept, what can i do? i don't want to loose my game saves either
Message 21 of 58 (8,851 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 10, 2008

I came across this problem the other night also.  Tried the console on another television and still no signal via HDMI cable. The component cables work with no problem, so at least I know the PS3 isn't dead...it's only like 4 months old.  The HDMI no signal problem just popped up out of the blue while I was playing Resistance....screen flickered on n off a couple of times so I shut it off til next day and then discovered the problem.

Message 22 of 58 (8,851 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
445 posts

Nov 10, 2008

Since you bought it today - I'd be returning it today.  Seeing as how everyone's thoughts (what I would have thought would work) didnt work - replace the TV while its still easy, and you still have the packaging.

If not that, get searching for the ps3 receipt.

In a world where the blind leads the blind, who do you follow?

Message 23 of 58 (8,851 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1615 posts

Nov 10, 2008

Razkazz wrote:
I made sure the HDMI cable is connected and I've tried it without the AV cables in at the same time, but then I can't even mess with the PS3 options because all I can see is the No Signal screen. I got the HDMI cable at Circuit City with the TV and stand, it's a Nexxtech 4 foot HDMI to HDMI cable.
you cant have the av and hdmi plugged in at the same time. just plug in the hdmi .

Message 24 of 58 (8,851 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
409 posts

Nov 10, 2008

make sure there's no dust in the cable or connections.

Message Edited by SOUPisPOWA on 11-10-2008 11:04 AM
Message 25 of 58 (8,851 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
962 posts

Nov 10, 2008

dennisb407 wrote:

I came across this problem the other night also.  Tried the console on another television and still no signal via HDMI cable. The component cables work with no problem, so at least I know the PS3 isn't dead...it's only like 4 months old.  The HDMI no signal problem just popped up out of the blue while I was playing Resistance....screen flickered on n off a couple of times so I shut it off til next day and then discovered the problem.

Can you try a different HDMI cable?

Message 26 of 58 (8,851 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 10, 2008
Yes...different cable attached to each of the televisions.
Message 27 of 58 (8,851 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 10, 2009

Oh my. I encountered the same problem when connecting my PS3 to my Samsung LA32 1080p HDTV.

My PS3 works fine with my HP Monitor, but when I use it in my LCD TV, it says "No Signal"

I hope someone can come up with an easy fix regarding this problem. 

I have 3 HDMI cables and tried all of them. All of these cables work just fine, but If I connect my PS3 to my LCD TV, it doesn't work as expected. Oh well, I can do nothing but ask for expert help regarding this matter.

Message 28 of 58 (8,851 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Mar 10, 2009

From everything I have read - I would try booting it up as normal - just the component cables connected at first.  then connect the HDMI cables to the PS3 and TV.  Then - go into your video settings and select HDMI, and do the same for your sound settings.  It would appear that the PS3 is geared to put all output through the component cables right now - so you will need to change the settings for it to send a signal through the cable in order for your tv to have a signal to read via HDMI.

EDIT - Once your video settings have been changed to HDMI - you would then select the input on your tv to check that a signal is present, then proceed in changing the audio settings to output via HDMI. 

the only reason I mention this is that I just switched from using the optical out for audio to running everything via HMDI.  I had to do essentially the same thing for the audio to go through the HDMI cable.

Hopefully that will work. 

Message Edited by jamull77 on 03-10-2009 02:34 PM
Message 29 of 58 (8,851 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Apr 12, 2011

I had the same thing but only when  I LOAD ANY GAMES. I went on Netflix on my PS3 and it worked which means  the problem is not within the ps3 itself cuz i see the whole menu  things. Firstly, I bought 4 hdmi cables from 4 to 40 $ latest versions  1.3 ... apparently each of them is still gives No Signal then SUDDENLY  after waiting 20mins the image its showing . But still 20min waiting is  ridiculous, usually it has to show the image at least less than 2 secs.  Secondly, Me and My friend lended our PS3 even thought its not the same  model, we all updated our PS3. He tried my ps3 and it worked fine for a1  week but when i tried his at my house it still caused the same problem :  NO SIGNAL while loading any games even KILLZONE3. Third, I connected my  ps3 to a LCD Samsung that worked fine after playing 6hours straight and  playing it the next morning, and it showed the image of the game  loading in 1 sec while using all of the 4 HDMI cabled I used.

So in my conclusion : I do no think its the PS3 problem , nor the cables ..... so its the LED TV PROBLEM

join  the club...and no that trick is not going to work because I tried it .  Aparently nobody has a PROPER SOLUTION for it on the internet.

1 . The hold the button for 2 sec to hear the 2 beeps is not going to help permantely since i tried it many times

2 . nor changing the HDMI cables

the  only proper solution is call the TV Company in order to arrange a  technician to come to your place and hope you still have your garantee  and all. If that doesnt really work call the place where you bought your  tv and they can send their technician ( the place you bought it better  be a huge corporation or else the small company won't help you at all).  If the problem is still happening during the same week, you rather give  it back to them in exchange for a new one for the same model OR exchange  for a LCD Tv that has a bit of the same specs.

Message 30 of 58 (8,851 Views)
0 Likes