First Son
9 posts

Re: PS3 not working right after FW update?Add your name here.

Feb 16, 2012

I have the exact same problems as this guy down to every detail,

nba 2k12 is all wonky, audio dropping out, game hanging at halftime announcers drop out, seemingly disc read errors, data corruption etc, the problem is temp fixed sometimes by a file restore, and it only started happening the exact day of the last FW update, i could play certain games and moves with no issue, and now im having troubles with ufc undisputed 3, there are a ton of users now having problems because of the 4.11 update,

and i only started having issues the exact day of the last update, i swear sony puts some kinda timer chip in ur ps3, lol and decide which batch of ps3s should die with which update to get that repair money son, lol    for real tho

my ps2 died, my first ps3 died, and now this shits happening again, unbelievably frustrating

Message 181 of 273 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Hm... I should test out some of my games... I just updated this morning

Message 182 of 273 (27 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 18, 2012

Still having the same problems with 4.11 that I was having with 4.10. I've basically given up on the web browsing, but I have got to have some stability for PSN. I get signed out way too much and can rarely sign in.

Message 183 of 273 (27 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 18, 2012

Dear Sony,

Your 4.11 fix wasn't....  a fix.  Still have the exact same issues THAT DID NOT EXIST BEFORE THE 4.10 UPDATE.

I feel like a fool.  I just bought this unit 3-4 weeks ago.  I actually bought this and the XBox 360 at the same time.  I got the XBox to keep everyone at my house off my PS3.  I guess I'll go play Halo and kill some stupid bugs.  I'd rather be playing on a STABLE PS3 unit.

GET IT RIGHT!  An update isn't truly an update if there's no benefit to the end user.

Sick and tired of having to be a PS3 technician.  I should be a PS3 gamer, not a technician!

Sincerely,

Kevin

Message 184 of 273 (27 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 18, 2012

SONY.......I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR US! WERE ON YOUR FORUM.

I sent the letter to sony on the previous page and the only response i received back was an email about a one year warranty. the reps blatantly ignored my email. at this point im not even looking for a replacement. i just want answers. im pissed........sony you will be losing customers.

TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO BOYCOTT SONY FOR A MONTH. SET YOUR PS3S TO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN. STOP BUYING DLC AND MOVIES. LETS HIT THEM IN THE WALLETS LIKE THEY ARE DOING TO US. STOP SONY FROM RIPPING US OFF AND MAKING HUGE PROFITS TO ONLY GIVE US SHOTTY PRODUCTS. ANYONE WHO DISAGREES, I ASK YOU TO PLEASE READ MY LETTER ON PAGE 12 AND TO SEE THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE BEYOND IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE 2 SYSTEMS MALFUCTION WITH THE SAME SYMPTOMS ON THE SAME DAY. IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!

Message 185 of 273 (27 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 18, 2012

*******UPDATE**********

JUST SENT THIS TO SONY IN RESPONSE TO THEIR EMAIL.....I WILL NOT GIVE UP. THIS IS ROBBERY

Anthony,

Thank you for your response. But unfortunately i am unable to except your offer for the nominal fee that it will cost to fix my 2 playstation 3's. Instead what i am proposing is that you authorize full replacement of both of my playstation 3 systems. I will post below a few links for you to read and to see why i am asking that you replace BOTH of my systems.

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37430514#37430514

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37430576#37430576

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37430507#37430507

Each link above is showing you that this problem i am describing to you is obviously not an isolated incident. Not only is it not an isolated incident it is the exact same problem. I will be consulting an IT expert with one of my machines, as well as my attorney. There is no way that all of these machines could have the same malfunction on the same week. IMPOSSIBLE.

So anthony i will need to speak with your supervisor and will need to be provided with a phone number directly to that supervisor as well as an address that i can send my request in writing to. I will also request 2 boxes with shipping labels sent to me within the next 10 days to remedy this firmware issue that has caused for my 2 Playstation 3's to be currently rendered useless. I will assume that if i do not receive the boxes and confirmation of full replacement within that time frame that sony entertainment is denying that there firmware update has caused for hardware to fail.

I ask that you pass this information to the tech department so they can stop this problem immediately before another poor soul gets ripped off by your tactics of trying to make us believe that its something we did to cause our machines to malfunction. I ask that you take this to the higher ups and explain how unfair it is that we get a one year warranty and in some cases these machines are malfunctioning well before that warranty is up. I think that it is bad business as well as part of the overall problem with they way you conduct business to be taking 250-400 dollars from people and you dont back your product further than a one year warranty. I really used to be a true sony fan and consumer and this will be the final time i do business with your company. You have shown no regard for my problem and surely don't care whats happening out there. The power of the world these days will come from a voice that speaks up and points out the true atrocities of greed. You could care less that i spent 350 and 399 dollars on these machines and now have been rendered useless by your faults. By my calculations i have deduced that you stand to lose 50,000 dollars over my lifetime from me. Now if i can get 100 people to see how greedy you are and they stop buying your products that would be a loss of 5 million dollars over my lifetime. Now if i can get all 100 of those people to get 100 more each to stop buying your products that would be 500 million dollars over my lifetime. Now what i have on my side hear is that due to my job i speak to over 200 people a day. So by my calculations i think i can actually double that initial estimate. Now, that would be about a billion dollars over the next 30 years. Now, Anthony, pay attention here. This is where it gets really neat! If i utilize the networks built today and utilize social media as well as various media outlets i think i can actually hit a number that would blow you away, maybe 3 billion dollars. Hey, everyone has to have goals. I would have to say that with those staggering numbers it's safe to say that the 2 PS 3's would have been a much easier loss. $3 billion or $500, you pick! Ask your accountants which one they choose, maybe ask the shareholders. I assure you that i know what they will say! At this point i wish you good luck.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: to whom it may concern i own 2 playstation 3's...a 40 gig
about 3 1/2 years old ...
<playstation@mailmw.custhelp.com>
Date: Thu, February 16, 2012 3:08 pm
To:

Subject
to whom it may concern i own 2 playstation 3's...a 40 gig about 3 1/2 years old ...
Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Anthony R.)02/16/2012 12:08 PM
Hello,

Your concerns have been heard regarding issues with your PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment systems.

The manual states that SCEA provides a one (1) year warranty from the original date of purchase (the “Warranty Period”). Instead of having to purchase a new PlayStation®3 system for the full MSRP, we offer a replacement unit that comes with a 90-day limited warranty for a nominal fee. The fee also includes shipping to and from the consumer. Unfortunately, if you are past the warranty period there would be a fee involved to service the consoles.

You have reached the headquarters for Sony Computer Entertainment America, LLC (SCEA), and we would be unable to waive the service fee(s).

Regards,
Anthony R.

Message 186 of 273 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Feb 18, 2012

CANINE06 wrote:

Dear Sony,

Your 4.11 fix wasn't....  a fix.  Still have the exact same issues THAT DID NOT EXIST BEFORE THE 4.10 UPDATE.

I feel like a fool.  I just bought this unit 3-4 weeks ago.  I actually bought this and the XBox 360 at the same time.  I got the XBox to keep everyone at my house off my PS3.  I guess I'll go play Halo and kill some stupid bugs.  I'd rather be playing on a STABLE PS3 unit.

GET IT RIGHT!  An update isn't truly an update if there's no benefit to the end user.

Sick and tired of having to be a PS3 technician.  I should be a PS3 gamer, not a technician!

Sincerely,

Kevin

what issue  you having with 4.10? mine freezes now and then even with this new update

Message 187 of 273 (27 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Feb 18, 2012

My ps3 has been frezzing since I updated to 4.10 this sucks.

Message 188 of 273 (27 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Feb 18, 2012

My PS3 wouldnt work all of a sudden after the 4.11 update. when I started restarting and fixing it all it does is freeze at the start-up after the PS3 logo pops out. any solutions to this? its very frustrating not to solve the problem even after a system reset

Message 189 of 273 (27 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 18, 2012

using a ps3 phat here CECHG03 did the 4.10 update few days back everything went fine and after it installed it shut down i started it up and it loads up and freezes before the 'choose which user u want to go on' screen leaving me with the sparkly ps3 home screen. I paid upwards of 200 quid for it and i dont expect it to crap out after a few years

any help?

regards, Simo

Message 190 of 273 (27 Views)
0 Likes