Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 17 2012
By: presto482 First Son 3 posts

PS3 not loading at all, even to the wavy screen

4 replies 80 views Edited Dec 17, 2012

Hi,

I connected my PS3 to the tv today how I did the last time I played it, and there isn't anything showing up on the screen.  The wavy screen doesn't load, nada.  Usually, cable tv turns off and the PS3 turns on during loading, but the screen is still on whatever channel is on the digital cable, with the actual tv on channel 4.  I recently downloaded and installed update 4.25 onto the PS3, and did not have a problem playing it shortly after that.  What is going on?  The PS3 was bought from a user on amazon.com and worked fine when I first got it.  I'm not having any of the light problems others have had, and I have attempted connecting the PS3 in different ways, changing to input 1, 2, and 3 on the tv, connecting the A/V cord to the cable box (which is how it worked last time) and to the back of the tv, but the same problem is happening.  Does anyone know about this problem, or have an idea how to fix it or what to do to attempt to fix it?

Message 1 of 5 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Re: PS3 not loading at all, even to the wavy screen

Dec 17, 2012

Do you use auto update?  Does it actually attempt to perform the update only at night?

Message 2 of 5 (72 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Thank you for your response.  Yes, I am updating with automatic update.  In fact, I brought the system to a friend's place and connected it to his tv, and updated to 4.25 at his place in the early evening.  The first update was done at my home, and it was done in the afternoon.  Why do you ask about at night?

Message 3 of 5 (64 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 17, 2012

I found what was wrong.  I play on a standard definition tv, and my friend has an HD tv, so when I went back to playing on the standard definition tv it wasn't working.  I was instructed to hold the power button down longer for the PS3 to reset, and it works now after doing so.

Message 4 of 5 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Right, you got a signal finally.  Most of the time, the issue is just a preference or setting or something like that.  I hope that didn't impact your routine.  Good gaming!

Message 5 of 5 (54 Views)
0 Likes