Dec 17 2012
By: strawhat-dango First Son 3 posts

PS3 disc slot problem

2 replies 84 views Edited Dec 17, 2012

For a while my fat 80gb ps3, not backwards compatible, had a ejecting problem in which when I eject a disc it will not go out but you can hear it come out and then you can hear it come back in. I only need to hold the eject button again to remove it.

BUT now when I try to eject a disc it still does not come out and I can hear it come out but not back in. I have to turn the PS3 off then on for the disc to go back in. It takes many tries and moving the PS3 in different positions to get a disc out. My latest try ended in a chipped game, luckily at the very edge and top, and the PS3 made a nasty sound.

Does anyone know the problem or is my PS3 dying.

Message 1 of 3 (84 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
19042 posts

Re: PS3 disc slot problem

Dec 17, 2012

Obviously the disk transport mechanism in the optical drive is worn out.  The drive needs to be repaired or replaced.  Nothing else will solve your problem, except buying a new PS3.

GKP
Message 2 of 3 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Re: PS3 disc slot problem

Dec 17, 2012
No your whole system isnt dead. just the optical drive has problems, as gkpama said you can get your system repaird and it'll cost you less than a new system. But before you do make sure to backup what you can to an external hdd or usb flash (fat32 format)
Message 3 of 3 (69 Views)
0 Likes