Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 07 2013
By: LordVDoom Sackboy 413 posts

PS3 and 3 D support

2 replies 84 views Edited Jan 7, 2013

So I just bought a new TV that has  3D capability and got  a new 3D HDMI cable as well.Do I need to set my ps3 up for 3 D as well. 

Is there a setting that I need to turn on within my PS3 because when I put in my 3D disc its saying my blu ray player does not support 3 D.

Also I dont have the lastest update which is 4.31...Do I need that?? 

Photobucket
Crap Box.. it only does everything poorly and charges you for it.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (84 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14384 posts

Re: PS3 and 3 D support

Jan 8, 2013

There is no setting to enable Blu-ray 3D support.  You don't need to be running the absolute latest System update, but you have to have updated in the last couple of years.  The PS3 didn't originally support 3D disks because it is older than they are. Basic support for Blu-ray 3D was added in the System 3.5 update, but some features of Blu-ray 3D were added as late as System 3.7.  Unless the TV, and any AV receiver or other device between the PS3 and the TV, supports HDMI 1.4; then the TV will not be able to identify itself as 3D capable to the PS3 automatically.  Also, pre-Slim PS3s only support HDMI 1.3a, so you may have to set the TV in 3D mode manually with those. Technically 3D support is in the HDMI 1.4 specification, but Sony was able to work around that for the most part.  All currently shipping PS3s support HDMI 1.4, and are fully 3D-capable.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (75 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: PS3 and 3 D support

Jan 8, 2013
When you plug your PS3 into the 3DTV for the first time, it should ask you to verify the size of the 3DTV. If your PS3 doesn't do that, the PS3 doesn't recognize your TV as a 3D one.

You also might want to perform a video reset (holding down the power button until it beeps twice) if your PS3 doesn't recognize your 3DTV...
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (66 Views)
0 Likes