Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
7 posts

Re: PS3 Wont detect games after update 4.46

Jul 7, 2013

Having the exact same issue. Hearing the same clicking noises and ejection (lol ejection) sounds. I'm going to try to download a past update and see if that will work.

I think it's safe to say that everyone is having this problem with the latest updates. I hope Sony will fix this soon.

Please use plain text.
Message 101 of 428 (549 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Im in UK and didn't realise that there was an EU site!

Went on it and aired my prob and one of the mods there said that IT IS A COINCIDENCE with ALL OF US!!!! LIKE YEAH RIGHT!!!!

ITS TIME TO OWN UP SONY...WELL OVER A WEEK AND NOTHING???!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 102 of 428 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Jul 7, 2013

turkey, I'd rather not mess with the system. It can't be the lens anyway, it plays other discs including one game just fine, at least most of the time. There's absolutely no rhyme or reason to this.

Not that I mind exactly since I've really only been playing Skyrim and right now that's the most important thing... But what good is a console that only plays one disc game and some movies (which I rarely ever use it for anyway) and Tales of Xillia is coming out soon... :smileytongue: What am I gonna do then???

Can't believe they are still saying this is just a coincidence.... they sure jumped on the brick issue fast!

Maybe the update was designed to get us all to buy new ones :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 103 of 428 (527 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Ah yes Tales of Xillia can't play that now. Oh and guess what ToX2 was announced for 2014 release. I try not to think about it.

Please use plain text.
Message 104 of 428 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Well I can respect that and I fully didn't expect it to turn on again after diving in it's guts but it did :smileyhappy: but yes the problem is so small that they are claiming its a coincidence
Please use plain text.
Message 105 of 428 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Oh did they really announce Xillia 2??? Man I really don't have the money to buy a new PS3 or get it "fixed."

I am speaking with customer service over chat now. Gave me the same fixes, trying to fix corrupted data files, etc.
Gave me the coincidence spiel. When I said I couldn't get my external hard drive to work to back up the system and try a full system restore, tried to sell me more of their product. :smileytongue: Like i'm gonna pay for their online backup system when I'm probably going to have to send in my system for repairs.Or buy a new one x_x

I asked to speak to a supervisor since I'm tired of the "coincidence" excuse. Probably give me the same run around.

But then again, these people are just copying and pasting and reading off pre-printed material, so there isn't much they can do at this level. Even the supervisors won't be able to do much. I am not holding out much hope.

And I really don't think this is a "small" problem. Not being able to play the majority, or any of your [uber expensive] disc games seems like a big deal to me on a GAMING SYSTEM.

All the same guys, EVERYONE CALL IN AND COMPLAIN!!!!! The number I was given: 1-800-345-7669 I don't think they really check the forums, but if everyone complains and asks to speak to supervisors, maybe they'll start to take notice.

I must say, Mildred W. was very helpful getting me to a supervisor on the phone though XD

So, supervisor comes on, apparently it's "common" for the updates to bring out hardware problems by corrupting data?  A system that works fine, one update, and all these latent problems suddenly explode? Sounds pretty terrible to me :smileytongue:
 Like a ticking time bomb just waiting to happen, but it's okay because it's "normal."

The only potential fix is to either try to repair the corrupted files (which I did to no avail), try to totally restore the system, or send it in for servicing.

What a bunch of crap :smileytongue: It still seems pretty off to me, so everyone keep calling and complaining XD maybe they'll do a recall or something. Seems pretty serious that one update is causing quite a few people's systems to crash and then after they fix it, stop playing discs.

Please use plain text.
Message 106 of 428 (490 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Re: Unable to read disc after 4.46 update

Jul 7, 2013

As far as im concerned Sony can suck my left one ( you can decide what im talking about) They obviously have no intention of fixing this issue unless we threaten to sue them and im about to do just that regardless of whether i lose the lawsuit or not cause it will send a bad message to all potential buyers of the PS4 which i can gaurantee with all certainty will end up working as well as the PS3 does currently now for all of us in this thread. Like a giant expensive paper weight. Sony as a corporation is only intent on getting our money and sure thats true with most big corporations but at least all the other corporations have a bit of respect for their customers and dont blame the issues on "coincidence" or try to get us to give them more money by sending in a system that isnt actually broken save for the software update we downloaded to it causing corrupted data making the system completely useless. I wont buy a PS4 and go through this crap again. So screw you Sony .|. (-_-) .|. suck my left one.

Please use plain text.
Message 107 of 428 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Jul 7, 2013

pennywhistleband wrote:

turkey, I'd rather not mess with the system. It can't be the lens anyway, it plays other discs including one game just fine, at least most of the time. There's absolutely no rhyme or reason to this.

Not that I mind exactly since I've really only been playing Skyrim and right now that's the most important thing... But what good is a console that only plays one disc game and some movies (which I rarely ever use it for anyway) and Tales of Xillia is coming out soon... :smileytongue: What am I gonna do then???

Can't believe they are still saying this is just a coincidence.... they sure jumped on the brick issue fast!

Maybe the update was designed to get us all to buy new ones :smileytongue:

No, just look at my sig.

You don't seem to or WANT to understand that more than likely your PS3 has the dual diode lens and that different games use one or the other diode and one of them has gone bad and will never be "fixed".

Currently playing Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

60GB Fat OFW 4.50
250GB SuperSlim OFW 4.50
Please use plain text.
Message 108 of 428 (476 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jul 7, 2013

tracewilly im beginning to think your a sony fanboy troll and i dont like trolls. Its already been stated that its not just 1 or 2 people having the same issue. Also its not only just one issue thats occured since the Update was installed and the only "coincidence" is the fact that hundreds of PS3 broke down the second people installed their crappy update. I fix game systems on a daily basis and i can tell you right now kiddo that it is NOT a hardware problem its a software problem caused by corrupted data from their crap update they forced people to download. And yeah i say forced because some of us didnt have a choice but to download it. Of course you probably dont understand since you seem to have you head so far up sony's butt and enjoy the smell. I myself have been having issues with my PS3 and its frustrating because normally it would be an issue i could fix myself but since its Software i have to wait for an Update they are insisting isnt needing because its "just a coincidence". 

Please use plain text.
Message 109 of 428 (473 Views)
First Son
20 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I would like to make it very clear to those who seem to think this is a hardware issue because it affected their hardware. IT IS NOT a hardware issue nor is it the double diode for some older versions of playstation consoles. It is infact the UPDATE version 4.46. Hundreds of PS3 systems dont simply just break out of no where at the same time nor do the same people have the same issue right after installing the same update. There is no such thing as coincidence just bad luck or in this case shoddy update data from a lazy company that is only interested in how to make a buck and not in what customers want. Dont bother to change harddrives or clean your lens or replace the lens or send the system into sony for repairs because it wont change or fix anything save for a few select people here and there that might get lucky. Its the Software from the 4.46 Update therefor my solution is Contact sony on the hour every hour spam their telephone spam the forums and spam twitter and facebook as well. DO IT NOW.

Please use plain text.
Message 110 of 428 (471 Views)
0 Likes