Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2596 posts

Re: PS3 V3.70 General Headset Issues (Provide information to help sony)

Aug 14, 2011

Here at the WB's Lot, in my water tower headquarters, I am not experiencing this problem so it is not happening, but take no note of the fact that 100's of players are signing out in mid-game while they are doing awesome..... sorry bad inside joke about the 9 months long freezing fiasco. <<<<Did you reset your router.....

I think it is server side problem, as I am not yet being told I have this problem....but I don't use the pseye camera's mic with the move and the sharpshooter (it is almost right in front of my home theater center speaker, and I am not going to be that guy echo-ing everything that comes out of that speaker and the room).

I am using the Rocketfish usb mic with the slide earpiece volume adjuster and mute button for Voice, I have a slim and a phat... one is playing MAG, the other is playing R2.  It is attached to PS3 usb port 1 on the phat and port2 on the slim with the camera being on 1; phat has network ports open (and the slims original 120GB HDD in it, both have my account via PS3 to PS3 transfer) , and the slim is in a DMZ with a 500GB upgraded HDD, one of those Hybrid Solids (I forget the GB Level of the Nand Flash but I think it was 16GB's). 

It almost sounds like they are trying to use the same port to send and recieve voice chat, as when you finish one word and start another ie PS3 is acting weird comes thru like P.3 .s ac..ng ..ird; add in the nuances of people's accents or tone/ inflection and other people talking at the same time and things can sound very garbled.

Hopefully sony will have this figured out for the next patch when a bunch of games hit in early september.....worst case scenario

Edit:  Are you guys using a HDD version of the game.....ah nevermind that couldn't have anything to do with it.

color tag 001

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 112 (67 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47477 posts

Aug 15, 2011

Thanks for the video phoenix.

I haven't tried playing online again since thursday so im not sure if im still having the issue.

However tonight im doing a full router reboot and i'll shut the PS3 down all the way (unplugged after shut down) and see if I still have the problem.

Keep the information coming people...it could be a system specific or certain type of game's voice server specific issue so make sure to provide the information!

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 112 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Aug 15, 2011

Has Sony addressed this yet? Or did all of our mics coincidentally "break" at the same time?

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 112 (67 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47477 posts

Aug 15, 2011

BoD_GodlessGOD wrote:

Has Sony addressed this yet? Or did all of our mics coincidentally "break" at the same time?

i'll test mine again tonight and report back if there is any issues.

But yes its one large coincidence involving differnet models of PS3 and different styles of headsets    /sarcasm

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 112 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
491 posts

Aug 15, 2011

As of last night, I was still unintelligible on mic on Uncharted 2, aside from the game lobby.

Feels like being in a penalty box when you aren't allowed to communicate to your teammates.

No issues with Portal 2.

Must be a bad combination of PS3 hardware, the firmware update, and select game titles and the way they implement voice chat.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 112 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Aug 15, 2011

I FIXED MY HEADSET ISSUE! I plugged it into my friend's 2nd model 80gig fat boy PS3 (who also has 3.70) and it registered right away.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 112 (67 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47477 posts

Aug 16, 2011

My headset worked fine for 5 minutes then started doing what you hear in that video again.

This is pretty annoying, basically ruins my online experience as I only go online for the social side of it. 

Any news sony?

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 112 (67 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 16, 2011

Would a firmware downgrade to 3.66 do the trick? Would we still be able to play socom4?

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 112 (67 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 16, 2011

I have the same problem described here.

People can't understand what I say when I play, or they can more or less understand me but my voice sounds like a robot..

1. Microphone: Official Sony Bluetooth headset & Gioteck EX-01

2. Model: PlayStation 3 Slim Version 160 Gb

3. Game: SOCOM: Special Forces

I tried the microphones on Medal of Honor and they work properly

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 112 (67 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47477 posts

Aug 16, 2011

Luismi_1984 wrote:

I have the same problem described here.

People can't understand what I say when I play, or they can more or less understand me but my voice sounds like a robot..

1. Microphone: Official Sony Bluetooth headset & Gioteck EX-01

2. Model: PlayStation 3 Slim Version 160 Gb

3. Game: SOCOM: Special Forces

I tried the microphones on Medal of Honor and they work properly

so 2 of us posting here along with 5 other verified people on my friends list are having trouble with headsets, since 3.7, with games using zipper's voice servers.  

Just keeping a tally

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 112 (67 Views)
0 Likes