Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 28 2012
By: JamesGammans First Son 4 posts

PS3 Super Slim Flickering Issues

3 replies 285 views Edited Dec 28, 2012

I got a new super slim (250gb) a couple of weeks ago and it started to have some graphical issues. At first I started to see some weird white boxes in Uncharted 3, I read that only happened to the very first ps3. After this graphical glitch in UC3 my XMB started to freak out as well. The default theme started to have flickering blue spots and dynamic themes like the uncharted 3 and the heavy rain themes started to have their assets flicker.( the smoke from the plane, drake himself, and many others.)

I have tried several TVs and several HDMI cables and it is still there.

Is there any solution to this issue? Should I take it back and try to have it changed? Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (285 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17766 posts

Re: PS3 Super Slim Flickering Issues

Dec 28, 2012
Message 2 of 4 (273 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2012

It is now flickering in GoW III, I am definitely taking it back now, they are going to try to fix it and if they can't they will replace it with a new one.

I also tried formatting it, rebuilding database, and resetting the video/audio settings

Message 3 of 4 (263 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30444 posts

Dec 28, 2012

JamesGammans wrote:

It is now flickering in GoW III, I am definitely taking it back now, they are going to try to fix it and if they can't they will replace it with a new one.

I also tried formatting it, rebuilding database, and resetting the video/audio settings

I already responded to you in your other duplicate Thread.

I'll repeat here what I said there, Take it back!

Message 4 of 4 (250 Views)