Survivor
2723 posts

Re: sony update killed my netflicks and censored my web browser

Mar 21, 2013

wubbie22 wrote:

I called customer service and they told me their was nothing i could do.They told me to come here to find help Why do they force updates

that hurt your system and don't have any way of undoing update Sony should fess up to their updates  I will buy a xbox next time.

i feel bad for you when you find out that the xbox has forced updates as well that "do the same thing" and don't allow you to undo the updates.

of course it was working before it failed, that happens!
Message 41 of 45 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3072 posts

Mar 22, 2013

autohacker2000 wrote:

wubbie22 wrote:

I called customer service and they told me their was nothing i could do.They told me to come here to find help Why do they force updates

that hurt your system and don't have any way of undoing update Sony should fess up to their updates  I will buy a xbox next time.

i feel bad for you when you find out that the xbox has forced updates as well that "do the same thing" and don't allow you to undo the updates.

its way easier to revert updates on a 360 than it is a ps3...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 42 of 45 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2723 posts

Mar 22, 2013

still doing the same process of hacking the system. but then again that wasn't my point. you've pointed out that you can revert any of the consoles by messing with the software on the system, but it still comes down to the fact that BOTH systems have updates, BOTH systems require you to update the systems to go online with them, BOTH systems have had hardware issues (as it has been proven that the other console has had more issues with their forced increase of their warranties), and BOTH systems DO NOT allow you to revert the software WITHOUT hacking the system.  hence the point i was making.

BOTH systems have people that blame the issues solely on the manufacturer either "putting out an update that kills machines (which if it was that way there would be way more systems down, there are some people who know that a bad code in ANY way will not work on similar systems)" or "not testing out the updates (which is an assumption since they don't work for sony, they haven't seen how long the update was pushed through, or even how they tested it. QA doesn't just close their eyes when something is being distributed to millions). it comes down to there being MANY reasons a system can fail or an update process can fail. all ranging from the many hoops going from sony's server to the ps3, the condition of components in a used ps3, new components that happen to fail because of defects from their manufacturer, handling issues by delivery personnel / retail stores, and maybe even owner abuse. but then again it's easier to blame the update being the issue and nothing else right?

of course it was working before it failed, that happens!
Message 43 of 45 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: PS3 Slim bricked after 4.31 upgrade attempt

Mar 23, 2013
Well after installing 4.40 on my cech01 it had no effect on the unit as of reading discs.I had hoped this update would fix the prob.Thanks
Message 44 of 45 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1602 posts

Re: PS3 Slim bricked after 4.31 upgrade attempt

Mar 24, 2013

Even though I did made a thread about it, guess it's the update that screwed over my PS3. Now I'm not able to play most games as long as my PS3 console continues to freeze constantly whenever I play games, be it on the disc or digital download. I'm hoping Sony should correct this issue, or I will have a really difficult time playing PS3 games on a daily basis. Smiley Indifferent

photo metakraken_redbull_final_500_zps9ce1f6ed.png

Message 45 of 45 (180 Views)
0 Likes