Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 18 2013
By: Biohazard__BGR First Son 2 posts

PS3 Slim 320 standbymod shutdown`s automaticly

2 replies 68 views Edited Feb 18, 2013

Hi, I just bought myself a 320 slim version and i have this problem when i plug the console and dont use her let say a couple of days to week the console shutdown the red light indicating the stand by mode completely like the console is not connected to the electrical grid and the only way to turn it on is to unplug it and plug it again is this some feature to the slim saving power or something because my other ps3 60 gb model can stay in stand by mod on all the time, im worried if my new ps3 is broken or it's a feature and how i can make the console not to turn off after couple of days ? Its very anoyng to turn off and on the power cable evrey time i didnt play for a week

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (68 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14349 posts

Re: PS3 Slim 320 standbymod shutdown`s automaticly

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

No.  The PS3 is not supposed to do that. You can set the PS3 to shut itself off when it is idle, but the maximum idle period is five hours.  Not two days. And it should go into standby.  Not power off.  The PS3 may be overheating, or it may think that it is overheating because of a defective temperature sensor.  Either way, you would need to have the PS3 serviced to resolve the issue; or just put it in standby when you are not using it.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (54 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: PS3 Slim 320 standbymod shutdown`s automaticly

Feb 19, 2013

Man my ps3 shut down when is on stand by i mean when i shut down the console the ps3 slim 320 go to stand by and is red but after couple of days the red light goes off and the only way to start the console is to unplug it from the grid and plug it again the console is brand new btw and she didnt overheat cuz is on stand by

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (50 Views)
0 Likes