Feb 03 2013
By: Long_John_69 First Son 2 posts

PS3 Not working

3 replies 181 views Edited Feb 3, 2013

My PS3 button is not working. I have to plug my PS3 in and then it says its restoring then the screen goes black. What is wrong with my PS3?

Message 1 of 4 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
21758 posts

Re: PS3 Not working

Feb 4, 2013

Your hard disk drive may have failed.  Try booting the PS3 in safe mode. 

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1488/kw/PS3%20safe%20mode

GKP
Message 2 of 4 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

i recently purchased a used ps3 from a lady that claimed it worked but it doesnt.  she said her husband cleared of their info and it was working but when i got it home and tried it out the next moring, because life kept me busy the remainder of that day and i didnt think i was being dupted, it wouldnt work.  i have an older ps3 i bought off ebay that came from another state and survived shipping without issues and works perfectly so i know it wasnt damaged from the trunk of my car to my childs dresser.  she didnt include the tv cord because she claims when purchased new this cord isnt included.  im unsure of this because like i stated before i got a used one and everything was included.  i have an older ps3 so i used the cords from that one to plug up the newly purchased unworking one and the light came on but there was nothing on the screen and you could not hear anything.  i know it isnt my plugs because it works on my old ps3 no problems.  just fyi the old working one does not have the sd slots but the new/used nonworking one does, if that makes a difference in the needed cords.  i am unsure of what is the problem since she claims it worked.  i know it doesnt and id prefer it work then my money back because it was a early bday present for my son.  PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR MAY KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON, HELP!

Message 3 of 4 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1585 posts

Feb 4, 2013

First download ps3 firmware to a usb device follow directions here,

http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/pc_update/index.htm

Now boot ps3 into safe mode with the usb in the ps3 select #6 system update and select usb.

Message 4 of 4 (119 Views)
0 Likes