Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 23 2013
By: Kabishan_2000 First Son 7 posts
Accepted Solution

PS3 Loads Slow

5 replies 1448 views Edited Aug 23, 2013

My PS3 has become slow. It takes extra seconds to load games. My friend and I have the same console but his games load faster. He and I have not replaced our HDD. It is still a question to me how my PS3 is slower at loading many games. This is mainly showing on GTA IV and Uncharted 3. I trying clear the cache, cleaning the dust and even rebuilding the system in the recovery menu. Nothing is working for me. Please help me!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (1,448 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Re: PS3 Loads Slow

Aug 23, 2013

I would highly suggest that you do a backup to an external HDD immediately. Your options would be to enter safe mode and do Option 3 and Option 4. If that does not show some improvement, you could try Option 2 as a last resort. If you do use the backup utility as I suggested, that would give you the ability to do Option 5 without losing anything.

Currently playing Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

60GB Fat OFW 4.50
250GB SuperSlim OFW 4.50
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (1,441 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Aug 23, 2013
How do you back up from ps3 and put it back into my ps3 again?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (1,435 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Aug 23, 2013

Kabishan_2000 wrote:
How do you back up from ps3 and put it back into my ps3 again?

You need to have an external HDD like one of these: 

www.bestbuy.com/site/WD+-+My+Passport+500GB+External+USB+3.0/2.0+Portable+Hard+Drive+-+Black/4911932...

then you can use the PS3 backup utility: 

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/798/kw/ps3%20backup%20utility

this would allow you to reformat the drive if you wish. I'm not saying that this would definitely fix your problem though. It could be the way the PS3 is setup to access the internet if those problems are from an online game. You can Google how to set up a static IP, that may help as well.

It's always been my recommendations to try to do the least expensive options first.

Currently playing Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

60GB Fat OFW 4.50
250GB SuperSlim OFW 4.50
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (1,431 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 29, 2013

my ps3 is loading slow, i currently mw3 and ghost and the maps are not load until 15 to 30 after the matches start. and when i hit the ps button to go to the ps main menu, even moving throw it i get lagged. i have went in safe mode and done all the options there and still having slow loads and lagging. my internet connaction is good. and i can not even use netflex on the ps3! any ideas??

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (1,117 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

last month

I am having the exact same problems that have only just started in the last 3 months on my P3.  Games are lagging when geting to cut scenes on playing single player games.  And when I play COD Black Ops 2 online, a map will start to load to begin a game, but the maps sometimes take so long to load that I get booted out.  Almost all the time that I even do make it into the game in time, I am the last one on the map now and everyone is already shooting and killing each other.  I was wondering if that just means my P3 is dying or if something is corrupt that could be fixed by doing a restore to original.  I have plenty of memory and my internet connection is excellent, so those are not the issues.  My system is probably about 4 years old now and I do play the heck out of it.  Please advise what I should do if anyone knows.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (223 Views)