Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 27 2013
By: Chromatic-_- I Only Post Everything 1363 posts

PS3 Freezing and Slow

3 replies 189 views Edited Jan 27, 2013

Hi,

Recently I upgraded my hard drive from my 80GB to a 320GB. Same RPM and size. The transition went smoothly.  Also, after I upgraded to a bigger hardrive, I bought Playstation Plus. Now ever since then, I've been freezing a lot in games like Black Ops 2 and Dungeon Defenders. The game freezes, and it won't let me do anything. I have to hold down power button, and it tells me the PS3 didn't shut down  correctly and that i'll have to check file system. So it does that and PS3 restarts fine. But this keeps happening. 

So my question is, do you have any tips on making my PS3 faster again? Load times on games have also increased.

Thanks,

Luke

Message 1 of 4 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
506 posts

Re: PS3 Freezing and Slow

Jan 27, 2013
Mine's been doing that too. I sure hope plus isnt causing the slowness.Do you have auto update on?

Message 2 of 4 (169 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1363 posts

Jan 27, 2013
Yes auto update is on for me.
Message 3 of 4 (159 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jan 27, 2013
I'm having similar issues that seem to be memory based. In game problems with freezing. Also the PS3 will take 4 or 5 minutes to fully turn on to the x-bar. Game load times are very long. Some in game functions that use the ram (ie using menus) will freeze my game for up to four minutes sometimes.

I'm looking for some kind of home diagnostic which will check my systems ram and let me know what I'm dealing with.
Message 4 of 4 (149 Views)
0 Likes