Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Re: PS3 Data Transfer Utility - Stuck?

Aug 1, 2010
maybe is because of the new firmware not sure if thats the problem but the new firmware is not letting users replace their hdd.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 25 (3,507 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
262 posts

Dec 24, 2010

Wow, I'm stuck at the exact same spot you were, 67% with 1 hr 12 mins remaining! That's got to be more than just a coincidence... I'm transferring data from a launch 20GB (upped to 120GB) to a new Slim 160GB that I purchased today because I was getting crazy graphic errors on my old console (spikes, random color flashes, geometrical oddities etc). Did this ever sort out for you? And what happens if I cancel the transfer and try over? Does it mess anything up? This is just crazy... :/

Home Theatre Setup:

160GB PS3 Slim
PS3MediaServer/Netflix
50" Panasonic 50PX80U
Denon AVR-888 HDMI Receiver
Polk RM6750 5.1 Speaker System

...and One Seriously Comfy Sofa

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 25 (3,507 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 25, 2010

I think I have solved it, i was reading other forums about issues with the data transfer utility and almost all issues were solved by accessing the hidden boot menu (google it) which allows you to fix corruptions within the PS3's OS I have just restarted the transfer utility again after doing this, I had the same 67% complete problem tell you if it worked asap

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 25 (3,507 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
262 posts

Dec 27, 2010

"...accessing the hidden boot menu (google it) which allows you to fix  corruptions within the PS3's OS I have just restarted the transfer  utility again after doing this, I had the same 67% complete problem tell  you if it worked asap"

Good to know for future reference! In my case, I just went ahead and backed up my game data on a flash drive, then ported the stuff over to the new console. I didn't really have very much on the original console to begin with, so it was actually easier for me to do the flash drive method. Of course, if I'd read your reply first, I might be singing a different tune.

Home Theatre Setup:

160GB PS3 Slim
PS3MediaServer/Netflix
50" Panasonic 50PX80U
Denon AVR-888 HDMI Receiver
Polk RM6750 5.1 Speaker System

...and One Seriously Comfy Sofa

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 25 (3,507 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 21, 2011

I just performed this operation when swapping my fat PS3 for a slim. Both had 320GB hard disks (less than 10GB free on the source PS3). The data transfer took about 3 days. Transfer grew continuously slower and it was stuck at 98% for a day. It finished in the end, though, copying everything perfectly.

If yours seems to be stuck let it be unless you get an error message. It will finish eventually, even though it's slower the longer you wait.

Consider whether you can be bothered to wait that long before you start. Smaller amounts of data will hopefully complete quicker.

Firmware 3.55 on both consoles.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 25 (3,507 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 14, 2011

hopefuly your right. i've been at 0% for about 30 min... god help me

!

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 25 (3,507 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Aug 29, 2011

My PlayStation 3 has been transfering the data from a FAT PS3 to a Slim for the past 36 hours, I hardly have 100 Gb to transfer. After three days I'm at 98%.

When the data transfer started the message said that it was suppose to take about 4 hours. I'm afraid that when it's finally done the data may be corrupted and then I'll have to start all over again....

Anybody with that kind of issue?

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 25 (3,507 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Feb 27, 2012

S_D_US wrote:

I just performed this operation when swapping my fat PS3 for a slim. Both had 320GB hard disks (less than 10GB free on the source PS3). The data transfer took about 3 days. Transfer grew continuously slower and it was stuck at 98% for a day. It finished in the end, though, copying everything perfectly.

If yours seems to be stuck let it be unless you get an error message. It will finish eventually, even though it's slower the longer you wait.

Consider whether you can be bothered to wait that long before you start. Smaller amounts of data will hopefully complete quicker.

Firmware 3.55 on both consoles.

If you think it takes a long time to transfer 320GB, you should try 1TB. It took me 1 week just to get to 90% and then the !@#* power went out and I had to start over from scratch. As you said, it gets slower and slower the further it goes.

I'm now at 90% again on my second attempt and hoping my original fat can hold out until 100%. I'm afraid the last 10% is going to take as long as the initial 90%. If I remember, I'll post back here with how long it actually took. I'm expecting 2 weeks.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 25 (3,507 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 31, 2012

7hrs in and my 40GB phat (bumped to 500GB) is stuck at 91%.  About 250GB is used.  I hope it's not too much for the 320GB slim to take on.  38 frozen minutes to go.  My Phat is stricken with the YLOD but I was able to fix it temporarily with the towel wrap blow dryer method (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPowgiEOHXc&feature=related) . I just hope it holds out long enough to complete the transfer.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 25 (3,507 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 23, 2012

Hey Transient,

I am in the same boat as you. I have 750 GB with 530 GB backed up and the 'File System Restore' option totally boned me. Before I did it I backed up everything and then went to option 3 in the safe mode, 'File system Restore'. It got to 30% and then said I had to fornmat it. No matter what I did I could not get around it. I tried everything from a partial downgrade even putting an old Jail break in there and trying to get into service mode.

So I spent a day Restoring my PS3. It got stuck at 85% and I thought something was up when it didn't move for 12 hrs. So I started it again and let it go. Now it went to 97% and stayed there for about 26 hrs then moved to 98% now it's 32 hrs later and it still has not moved from 98%. I see the HDD light on the PS3 flickering fast and External light blinking every so often so I know something is happening. And everyone in the forums say it's gunna be a 3 days to a week wait. I just reflowed it after getting the RLOD and then ran into this cluster-f#ck. I just want to play! I have 8 games ready for me to check out plus 4 riddler trophies in Batman Arkham City to get before I get 100% (w/ out the DLC's).

So how long did the 1 TB take? I hope it wasn't to long.

The Japanese need to stop making prgrams from scratch and focusing on getting the bugs out of the software. Espescially if they are gunna make you update firmware that takes all the joy out of your PS3 (Linux, allowing homebrew and backing up games). Thanks $ony

I hear 4.0 is a mess. Thank god I kept Kmeaw 3.55 and havea  trusty True Blue  (please, no flaming). I still buy the games, but I like to backup a lot of stuff and try out games. Cus let's face it, there has been some steaming piles that have come out that I would have hated to pay 30-60$ for them.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 25 (3,507 Views)
0 Likes