Jan 03 2013
By: mikewalker1977 First Son 6 posts

PS3 Coffin

[ Edited ]
1 replies 102 views Edited Jan 3, 2013

I called Wednesday after Christmas to set up a trade of my broken fat that won't turn on for a slim. How long does it take to get and what does it come by? Mail? UPS? Fed Ex?  I haven't received an email either.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 2 (102 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27664 posts

Re: PS3 Coffin

Jan 3, 2013

mikewalker1977 wrote:

I called Wednesday after Christmas to set up a trade of my broken fat that won't turn on for a slim. How long does it take to get and what does it come by? Mail? UPS? Fed Ex?  I haven't received an email either.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Here's the email that's sent out (minus my personal information lol), it pretty much answers your questions?

I would contact Sony about the non redeipt of email though.

BRiT-KO.

You will be receiving a box from us with prepaid shipping to our service facility. Your box will arrive in about three (3) to five (5) business days.

Please make sure to read all of the instructions in the Service Information pack-in that is inside the box. Missing one of these steps may affect how fast we can get your system back to you.

The instructions in the box show you how to:

Back-Up Your Data
This is to help you move over most of your files from your system so that you don't have to re-download them when you get your serviced system back. All data will be removed from your system, so please remember to back your files up.

Deactivate Your PlayStation®Network Master Account
Items you buy through the PSN with a single Master Account, like videos, games, and add-ons, can only be used on a limited number of systems at one time. Please follow the deactivation instructions BEFORE sending your system in, so that you can re-download any movies or games you have purchased onto your serviced system.

Delete All Users
Please delete all of the users on the system. You may want to write down your PSN ID and Log-in IDs for the PSN for future reference.

Format the PS3® System Hard Drive
Please format your PS3® System Hard Drive if possible. This will completely erase all files, including pictures, music, movies and game saves from your system. Remember to BACK-UP YOUR DATA before you do this, so that you can restore your files to your serviced system.

Pack the system
Please make sure you pack the system as instructed to help prevent damage while it is being shipped to our service center.

Include your Service Information
You can fill out the form on the pack-in or include the information in this email.

Frequently Asked Questions on Service :

How long does service take?
Turn-around time for the service is about seven (7) to ten (10) business days from the time we receive the system.

What about my warranty?
Once service is complete, your serviced system will be sent to you with a new 90 day limited service warranty. This new warranty will not affect your original manufacturer’s warranty. You will continue to be covered under the remaining portion of your original 1 year warranty. Your service warranty ends 90 calendar days after you receive your system.

Will I receive any notifications about my service?
You will receive emails at the email address you provide to PlayStation® Consumer Services. We will send an email when the system is received and another when the system is shipped back to you. Please remember to check your bulk and junk folders for this email.

How do I check the status of my system?
You can check the status of your system online using your Service Request number (SR#) or your you can call our automated phone system at             800-345-SONY      (7669) and press option 4 and use your phone number or SR#.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 2 (85 Views)
0 Likes