Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 22 2013
By: Albert1285 Monster Hunter 42 posts

PS3 60gb suddenly shutdown. even with Component Upgrade Package by Endless Electronics

3 replies 126 views Edited Mar 22, 2013

So I got this PS3 working perfectly after Endless Electronics did the Component Upgrade Package in February 13th. It was working EXCELLENT! until last night. When I got it back, I of course did what EE told me to do after the 2 hour of use with 15-30 minutes break until I reached the 30 hours to let the thermal paste and pads set. 

Last night I played about 3 hours Silent Hill Downpour and my PS3 suddenly turned off with 3 BEEPS. I honestly got scared and nervous. I turned it one again, and  there was this mesage that said that the system didn't turn off correctly and it was going to check if something was corrupted. While it was checking it turned off again with 3 beeps.

It's weird because the fan wasn't even loud at all, I could hear it working just normal.  Sometimes it gets loud, but since this have the X-flow mod, it immediately returns to the lowest fan mode when all of my games are in cutscenes, main menu, pause, invetory etc. 

The only thing I can think of that could have caused this are either overheating (which I don't really think because like I said the fan wasn't even loud) or maybe the power supply.  I sent a message to EE, but I haven't got a response yet. So if anybody has any idea of what's happening please tell me about it. I rarely post here on these boards, Logical_Dolphin I know you know about this things, if you're around here what do you think about it?

I'm scared of getting a YLOD. HELP

Message 1 of 4 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Re: PS3 60gb suddenly shutdown. even with Component Upgrade Package by Endless Electronics

Mar 22, 2013
anyone? BUMP!
Message 2 of 4 (110 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17766 posts

Re: PS3 60gb suddenly shutdown. even with Component Upgrade Package by Endless Electronics

Mar 23, 2013

Albert1285 wrote:
anyone? BUMP!

The best thing to do is contact EE again or wait for a response from them. They put their own warranty sticker on your console so opening it to try any DIY fix would void your warranty with them. The only noninvasive thing you can try is Safe Mode. Click the words Safe Mode for a link and follow the video.

Message 3 of 4 (90 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 12, 2013

I can't say anything about your situation...but ive had similar issues with my PS3. I repeatedly sent it back to them and they kept trying to fix it, and it would do the same things (3 beeps and blinking red light). Also, the screen started acting all glitchy and would freeze. 

Im not sure if I would go with them again cause i feel like they just made the system worse.

Message 4 of 4 (64 Views)
0 Likes