Feb 15 2012
By: DaGimp13 Lombax Warrior 106 posts

PS3 4.10 bugs/glitches

4 replies 153 views Edited Feb 15, 2012

Since 4.10 firmware update for the PS3 has been released, we users have noticed a few glitches/bugs, so here is a list of what I currently am aware of since 4.10:

• Sony Official PS3 7.1 Wireless Headset - problems with mic over-sensitivity (white noise), voice feedback (echo), not being able to adjust mic input volume.
  • BD Remote / DualShock3 / Move Action & Navigation controllers - will not connect to PS3 properly after exiting  PS2 game (have to reset PS3 just to be able to re-register controller via USB, PS buttons will not work until reset, hitting the PS button causes rapid flashing, twice the speed it normally would be when searching for PS3 for connection.
  • Console freezing - freezes when moving through XMB, some games freeze more often such as BF3, DCUO etc.

I think this covers the majority of the known issues. if I missed any since 4.10, add it please.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (153 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: PS3 4.10 bugs/glitches

Feb 15, 2012

Ever since I updated my PS3 to version 4.10 I can't play any games. Everytime I start a game the screen goes black and stays like that until I have to press and hold the power button on the console to shut it down. It even happens with demo games. The demos download and install normally but when I try to play them my screen goes black again. I've noticed that other people have the same problem. Does anyone know if there is a solution to this problem??

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (153 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 15, 2012

I've been having the same issue with game crashes. I actually just loaded up a PS2 game to see if that would play and it does just fine. Is there any idea when Sony plans to release a fix/ what they even plan to do? I suppose we just retro game until then.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (153 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 16, 2012

My online experience is basically crippled since getting 4.10. It takes the browser FOREVER to load, if it loads at all. It takes FOREVER to sign onto PSN, if I can sign in at all. I honestly have like a 10% success rate for signing in, and even then, it won't be long before it signs me out.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (153 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 16, 2012

Hello all . . . .

I own a first gen. "fatty" 80 GB sytem (part of the Motorstorm game bundle) . I do not use it for any sort of browsing. I have only watched 2 BD movies on it, ever. It has always been just a game player. Last Sunday I decided that I was going to hook up the WiFi . It worked fine, so I thought I would see about doing an update. Now mind you, I have never updated this PS3 by internet or media device, ever. Anytime I purchased a "new" game it had always contained a "new" update. It would load the update do it's thing and I would play the game. Recently Skyrim was a new purchase for me and it contained a new update. ( not sure on the updates version number ). Point is - it updated - I played. Last Sunday, just after my WiFi set-up, I decided to see if there was a new update, there was ( 4.10 ) so sure go ahead and try the update via wireless . . . . . super slow, so I canceled the update and went on my computer and downloaded 4.10 onto a Sony 8GB flash drive. Loaded into PS3 - no problems . . . . at first . Once the update was done, the game tryed to update my Skyrim disc/game . . . . ?????  Never seen that before, so I stopped it.  My problem is that although the update seemed to be in there, NOW my PS3 will NOT read any discs put into it.  Tried various games with no luck - just the spinning disc in the upper right corner.  Spinning and spinning and spinning . . . no reading.  I have been following a lot of different threads about this issue, and do not believe it's a coincidence. I know my system is old, but it is well maintained, cleaned, and cared for. It never runs for more than a few hours. It is on it's own shelf in a temperature and humidity controlled finished basement that is always cool. I am not a huge gamer and as such my system does not have a lot of "hours" on it.

Basically what I am trying to get at is that I do believe there is a problem with Sony's Firmware update 4.10. I hope that Sony is working on this and could be big enough to release an "update" to revert back to a previous version, or fix what has happened here. I love Sony, and have always helped them stay in business by having multiple Sony products in my home/vehicle.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (153 Views)
0 Likes