Treasure Hunter
5541 posts

Re: PS3 2.70 RUMOR UPDATE

Feb 23, 2009
Most of these are mandatory updates. Especially the ones about performances. I believe we'll see them in the future. Will they be included in fw 2.70? I highly doubt it. Please don't get too excited for nothing.
----
- I'm not a Playstation fanboy. I'm a Micro$oft hater. It's different.
Message 31 of 62 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
813 posts

Feb 23, 2009

Christian_Josh wrote:

robdog2000love wrote:

Friends List:
- Voice Messaging is now available as an alternative to text after selecting a user on the friends list. Voice message recordings are capped at 30 seconds.
- Home Integration: Saved Playstation Home avatar photos can be selected as photo ID for Gamers Card/Friends List.
- Trophy number and Gamer Level are listed under Friend names for quick reference.

Gamer Card & Trophies:
- Gamer Card layout has been changed to more closely resemble the Playstation Store aesthetic.
- Past Trophy information can be viewed in detail by selecting "Recent Trophy History" option.
- Newly aquired trophies auto-sync in the background
- Server infrastructure for Trophies has been optimized. Resulting in faster retrieval time for Gamer Card and Trophy information.

In-Game XMB:
- Loading time for In-Game XMB has been drastically reduced, resulting in a more seemless in-game experience.
- "Theme settings" options while in-game is now available, allowing custom themes to be applied to the In-Game XMB.
- Internet Browser can now be accessed while in-game.
- Voice messaging and voice chat options can be used while in-game.
- Options that cannot be used in the XMB during game sessions are grayed out (but still selectable) to eliminate user accessibility confusion.

Having an internet browser in-game is a horrible idea, voice messaging and voice chat with friends that aren't in the same game? That's going to have serious latency issues, by far. Gamers cards are not original but bro they are already in the XMB... You know absolutely nothing about business, nor game development. If your trying to convince Sony to put these in the next firmware update, than you better give some damn footnotes. Professional footnotes on how to implent it, and why...Who the heck is going to be surfing on the web, and play Resistance at the same time? Think common sense. If World of Warcraft can't succeed in having over 11.5 Million Players without having latency over 200 than the PS3 can't have an internet browser viewed in-game,  nor voice messaging in-game...
Message Edited by Christian_Josh on 02-21-2009 09:02 PM
Message Edited by Christian_Josh on 02-21-2009 09:02 PM

About the cross-game voicechat and voice messagin: It has been available on 'the other' platform for years now. No issues whatsoever. In fact: They're being used massively, by nearly every online gamer. 

Message 32 of 62 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Feb 23, 2009
mm that rumor looks so fake. I have heavily lowered my expectations with the latest firmware releases.  So I dont really think Sony (which was also been rumored to close their gaming division) will pay their employes one more dollar in order to develop more functionality to a dying system. I love my PS3, and i want it to be heavily supported but as the financial crisis goes may be we will learn some terrible news about SCE .
Message 33 of 62 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1047 posts

Feb 23, 2009
yay is 2.0 all over again, even these rumors are true, there is always something, we will game in game chat but onces again is up to devs to implant which no dev  is going to take their sweet time for it.

Message 34 of 62 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 23, 2009

if this is accurate info, then i cannot wait!!

anyone can pee on the floor, but only I can crap on the ceiling
Message 35 of 62 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
488 posts

Mar 15, 2009

While I'm not saying it's real since it's just a rumore. The amount of increments increased per upgrade has NOTHING to do with the significance of the update. Sony has already stated this. So don't think it's impossible only because it's 2.7 and it would need to be a 3.0 update for this to happen.

If you want the source on that fact, google it. IT came from Sony's own mouth. Just an FYI.

Message 36 of 62 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Mar 16, 2009

"Who the heck is going to be surfing on the web, and play Resistance at the same time? "

Thats a silly statement.  I can think of a million reasons to want to pause a game and flip to a browser without having to fulll reboot the game when done with the browser.  Burnout paradise does an in-between of this already where when you boot it takes you to a faux browser for Criterion.  Biggest reason to switch to a browser midgame would be to look up cheats/strategy-guide/eastereggs if you feel you need to.

Message 37 of 62 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5541 posts

Mar 16, 2009

mixenitup wrote:

"Who the heck is going to be surfing on the web, and play Resistance at the same time? "

Thats a silly statement.  I can think of a million reasons to want to pause a game and flip to a browser without having to fulll reboot the game when done with the browser.  Burnout paradise does an in-between of this already where when you boot it takes you to a faux browser for Criterion.  Biggest reason to switch to a browser midgame would be to look up cheats/strategy-guide/eastereggs if you feel you need to.

Please. I believe 90% of people have a PC/laptop just near the PS3. I do anyway. Fire that up and check the FAQ. To switch between the game and the web browser and back would be just a nightmare. That option is pratically useless and also it is technically nearly impossible to implement. the web browser is a memory hog. Unless the PS3 fw implements some kind of virtual memory system, which doesn't seem to be the case anyway.

----
- I'm not a Playstation fanboy. I'm a Micro$oft hater. It's different.
Message 38 of 62 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
974 posts

Mar 16, 2009
omg if even JUST the part about in-game chat is correct, then this is may be the best update in a while
Message 39 of 62 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Mar 16, 2009

robdog2000love wrote:

Friends List:
- Voice Messaging is now available as an alternative to text after selecting a user on the friends list. Voice message recordings are capped at 30 seconds.
- Home Integration: Saved Playstation Home avatar photos can be selected as photo ID for Gamers Card/Friends List.
- Trophy number and Gamer Level are listed under Friend names for quick reference.

Gamer Card & Trophies:
- Gamer Card layout has been changed to more closely resemble the Playstation Store aesthetic.
- Past Trophy information can be viewed in detail by selecting "Recent Trophy History" option.
- Newly aquired trophies auto-sync in the background
- Server infrastructure for Trophies has been optimized. Resulting in faster retrieval time for Gamer Card and Trophy information.

In-Game XMB:
- Loading time for In-Game XMB has been drastically reduced, resulting in a more seemless in-game experience.
- "Theme settings" options while in-game is now available, allowing custom themes to be applied to the In-Game XMB.
- Internet Browser can now be accessed while in-game.
- Voice messaging and voice chat options can be used while in-game.
- Options that cannot be used in the XMB during game sessions are grayed out (but still selectable) to eliminate user accessibility confusion.

you can only hope so much, yet everything has its limits don't you agree anybody ....
Message 40 of 62 (0 Views)
0 Likes