Dec 04 2012
By: rottenfruityum Sackboy 532 posts

PS Store Major Problem Discovered, Fix Needed.

[ Edited ]
13 replies 191 views Edited Dec 4, 2012

I was going to play a demo and it wouldn't let me do it, I was trying to figure out what was wrong and found it wouldn't let me go forward with playing a demo because I had no funds in my wallet and there was a game in my cart. In "my cart " there was the demo I was trying to play and a sixty dollar game, because the sixty dollar game was in my cart I couldn't proceed with trying to play the demo I wanted. It took forever for me to find that was the problem as to why I couldn't proceed with the demo I  think that should be fixed.

"No Aim Assist."
Message 1 of 14 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7318 posts

Re: PS Store major problem discovered fix needed.

Dec 4, 2012
Doesn`t sound like a problem, why don`t you just remove the $60 game from your cart, and then proceed to download the demos.
Message 2 of 14 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
532 posts

Dec 4, 2012

you shouldn't have to remove games that are on your cart just to play a demo, so if you have multiple games on your cart and want to play just one demo you have to delete all of those games on your cart and that is a major problem cause people dont know why they cant play demos and I didnt know why I couldnt play a demo until I figured it out and removed the sixty dollar game from the cart.

"No Aim Assist."
Message 3 of 14 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7318 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

If you add something to your cart it is there for purchase, you can not choose individual items from your cart to purchase. When you checkout, it checkouts everything that you added in your cart. Every single online retailer also works the same way. The cart is not there to store items you are interested in like a wishlist, it`s there for items you want to purchase.

Message 4 of 14 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
532 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

"When you checkout, it checkouts everything that you added in your cart."

I think that needs to change because I didnt know I couldn't play a demo just because I had an actual game in my cart with no funds and that's the problem, if somebody puts a game in there cart and dont buy it or forget then demos dont work and people don't know that.

It took me a long time to figure out why I couldn't play a demo and its was just because I had a sixty dollar game sitting in my cart that I haven't bought along with the demo I wanted to play. I should be able to play the demo regardless of whats in my cart, having a sixty dollar game sitting in the cart shouldn't effect me from playing a demo I'm pretty sure thats how the store used to work.

"No Aim Assist."
Message 5 of 14 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7318 posts

Dec 4, 2012
You can still play the demo, but you need to download it first (which means if it`s the first time you downloaded it, you have to go through the checkout stage, which will checkout everything in your cart.), also the old store worked the same way
Message 6 of 14 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
532 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

I know but if you have an actual game in your cart that you havent bought you can't go forward with playing a demo and people don't know that. If you put a game in your cart dont buy it or forget then demos dont work.

"No Aim Assist."
Message 7 of 14 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
532 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

no matter whats in the cart it shouldn't effect me from going ahead and trying to play a demo.

"No Aim Assist."
Message 8 of 14 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7318 posts

Dec 4, 2012
Well, not sure how many people know this, although it`s common practice with online retailers, but once you go to checkout it should list everything that you are checking out, so if you forgot something in your cart, like you did, it should list the item so you would know if there is an extra item there, assuming you review it before proceeding.

Message 9 of 14 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
532 posts

Dec 4, 2012

I see what your saying, when you go to checkout your supposed to buy it right then and there, but if you don't and leave/forget something in your cart then trying to play a demo becomes impossible, see what im saying no matter whats in the cart trying to play a demo should be unaffected.

"No Aim Assist."
Message 10 of 14 (93 Views)
0 Likes