Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 25 2013
By: thors999 First Son 4 posts

PS Customer service ignores emails and calls

8 replies 379 views Edited Apr 25, 2013

I emailed PS customer service in regards to a PSN issue.  I got the email address from the PS homepage.  In response.  I received a link via email that redirected me to a page on this site which simply gave several options for contacting playstation support.  Clearly the email was never read.  I called at that point, and was given another email address by a live person, which would "guarantee a response." It was pscustomer_service@playstation.sony.com.  The system generate response stated it would take 3-5 days for a response...it has been almost 7.  Since 2007, when I bought my first PS3 (I've bought 3 since then due to system failures in reading blu rays...some in less then one year)  I've contacted playstation customer service with no help whatsoever, in fact, everytime I have contacted customer service, I've either been ignored or told there was nothing that could be done.  Worst customer service I've ever experienced in any aspect.  They are polite and courteous but give off the impression that they simply dont care, in my experience they will speak to you politely but simply do only that and listen to your issue, yet offer no solution of reimbursement (since 2007).  Because of this, I will not be getting a PS4 and will be switching to PC.  If only I had received a response, this would not be the case.   

Message 1 of 9 (379 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4191 posts

Re: PS Customer service ignores emails and calls

Apr 25, 2013

I'm sorry to hear they could not help solve your problem. (whatever it was. You did not state it in your OP.)

Enjoy PC. You will find out support from anywhere is only as helpful as the customer describing the problem.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 2 of 9 (371 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Stating the problem in the above message was'nt the point, obviously, as the problem had been stated several times previously (as outlined in the post).  The post was meant to highlight the fact that the inquiries were either never answered or shrugged off by PS support.  "You will find out suport from anywhere is only as helpful as the customer describing the problem."  I wish that were true.  This is a message board outlining the very same issue.  Please read posts to make intelligent reponses.  

-Loyal PS fan since 1998.  

Message 3 of 9 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1614 posts

Apr 25, 2013

did they not drop email support a while ago? maybe that was not officially a PS email

Message 4 of 9 (327 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4191 posts

Apr 26, 2013

thors999 wrote:

Stating the problem in the above message was'nt the point, obviously, as the problem had been stated several times previously (as outlined in the post).  The post was meant to highlight the fact that the inquiries were either never answered or shrugged off by PS support.  "You will find out suport from anywhere is only as helpful as the customer describing the problem."  I wish that were true.  This is a message board outlining the very same issue.  Please read posts to make intelligent reponses.  

-Loyal PS fan since 1998.  

I don't know why you felt the need to post your bad experience here then, if you are not looking for help from the community -- yes, this is a community message board. Sony staff will not respond to issues on the forum. You need to contact them via phone or live chat (for some reason e-mail isn't available anymore) -- which you did, and say you had no help.

So, if you want to try and receive assistance from someone here that may be of help, then you should try stating your problem in detail -- instead of just venting about how horrible your experience was with a tech on the phone. (because as I said, they won't see it here.)

Good luck.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 5 of 9 (324 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14802 posts

Apr 26, 2013

You are correct.  The e-mail was never read.  Sony no longer provides Playstation customer support via e-mail, and never published an e-mail address in North America, which is the region that this web site is for.  Any e-mail sent to a SNEA or SNEI e-mail address that was not expected will be automatically replied to with instructions to use the telephone or live chat interfaces to contact customer support.  The e-mail will not be read by anyone, and its contents will not be acted on by anyone.  If you want to contact customer support, you would be well advised to use the contact methods that Sony currently offers on the contact page (https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options).  Otherwise you are just wasting your time.  You aren't entitled to contact Playstation customer support in any manner of your choosing.

Playstation customer support is a free service offered by Sony.  You aren't paying anything for it, so you aren't entitled to any particular service or result.  The support representatives are only trained to perform certain tasks, and resolve certain problems.  They are not repair technicians. They are not software engineers. They are not representatives for Sony's third-party licensees.  Some of them probably don't even own any Sony game consoles.  They can't solve every problem.  If they can't solve your problem because they don't have enough time, or knowledge, to investigate it; then they usually send you to the forums where you can try to leverage the expertise of the community.  Some problems can't be solved over the phone by anyone.  If your console has a hardware problem, no one can fix that over the phone unless there is a skilled person on the other end to give accurate detailed observations, and carry out complex instructions.  Even if you were such a person, and it doesn't sound like you are, Sony doesn't staff people with those skills in their customer support center.  No consumer products company does.  You will find that is the case with Nintendo, Microsoft, and all major PC vendors as well.  They can't solve any problem that you might have, especially over the phone or via e-mail; and they don't have all day to wait for you to accept that.  Other callers are waiting.  Try to be more considerate of others. 

If you have a problem with your console, you always have the option of sending it in for repair.  If the problem can be reproduced in the shop, then it can be fixed, or the console can be replaced if you send it to Sony.  If you don't want to do that, then that is your choice; but then it isn't the fault of customer support if you still have the problem.  You aren't entitled to have your problem solved in the way that you want it solved. Even Apple's phone support will tell you to take your device to the "genius" bar in an Apple store, for many problems.

The fact that your replacement PS3s did not last long should not come as a surprise.  Factory refurbished PS3s only have a three month warranty, as opposed to one year for a new PS3.  Repairing a PS3, or any computer, does not make it as good as new.  It only makes it work again for now, so you should not expect it to last as long as a new PS3.  You did not have to send the PS3 in for repair.  You could have replaced it with a new one (unless you failed to make backups), which in the long run would probably have cost you less money; considering that the price of PS3s has decreased by more than 55% since 2007. It was your choice to keep using refurbished older models.  Playstation customer support is not to blame for the consequences of that choice, and neither is Sony in general.  At least Sony gave you a choice.  You were the one that made it.

For the record, Sony will certainly lose money on every PS4 sold for at least the first year, so the company isn't really losing much in the short run if you don't buy one.  There isn't really a choice of consoles.  There is only a choice of games.  In some cases you have to buy a console that the game you want to play runs on.  You can't play an Uncharted game on a PC.  You can't play a God of War game on a PC. You can't play an Infamous game on a PC.  If your experience with the Playstation 3 was so bad that it has influenced what games you want to play, then that was certainly not Sony's intention, and there was probably nothing that Sony could do about it.  At the end of the day Sony expects the Playstation business to make a profit, and that means that it can only spend a limited amount of money on trying to please every customer.  You can't please everyone, and you will go bankrupt if you try. Well-run companies don't want every customer they can get.  Just the ones that they can satisfy profitably.  Perhaps you are just not one of those customers.   

GKP
Message 6 of 9 (306 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Apr 26, 2013

No.  The email address in my post was given to me days ago by a live representative.  Furthermore, the address I emailed originally was on the Sony support (ps3) website.  This isn't a matter of entitlement at all.  Also, your assuming this was a technical hardware problem, which it was not.  The post clearly states that the main issue was receiving a means of contact for PSN support, and receiving no response, after spending hundreds if not thousands on PS units and accesories and repairs.  Obviously the unit can be sent in for repair, at a large cost.  This does not need to be stated.  

"Sony doesn't staff people with those skills in their customer support center.  No consumer products company does."

Yes, they do.  Does this statement even require a response?  Anyway,  your post is assuming a problem which isnt even outlined in the original post (problem was with response and service), and thus not a logical response at all.   

"The fact that your replacement PS3s did not last long should not come as a surprise". 

Where did you get these facts?  There was no replacement PS3, they were brand new units bought at the time of the previous units' failures.  Typically, logical arguments are based on logic and fact, instead, you are making wild assumptions with no evidence.  With respect, your fourth paragraph makes no sense.  

Finally, I have been a loyal PS fan since 1998.  Please do not use this board for advertisements.  Yes, every customer counts (even large companies will understand this).  And, again, no.  Top of the line PCs (without getting into specifics), can support almost anything that a PS3 unit can support.  There is no argument here...where is your evidence for the statements in that regard (about uncharted, GOW, etc)?  After spending over $2,000 on only PS3 units and items, yes, I am one of those customers.  Please put more logical thought into your posts.  That being said, I was recently contacted by Sony, and the problem has been resolved.  Thanks.   

Message 7 of 9 (277 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4191 posts

Apr 26, 2013

I am still puzzled about the purpose (if any) of your original post, other than just to vent/complain.

As I stated above, this is a community forum. And this section of the forums is where other community members spend their own free time trying to help other PlayStation fans with actual problems. This is not Yelp.com.

I am glad to hear that a Sony representative was finally able to help you with your issue(s).

Best wishes.

PS fan/gamer since 1995.

Message 8 of 9 (247 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 27, 2013

There is nothing to be puzzled about.  I know what kind of forum this is.  The issue is over (in fact outlined in the previous post, thus there is no reason to respond).  There was an actual problem.  Please dont nominate yourself as a forum watchmen, its not neccesary.  A representative was able to help me, probably due to my post, thereby proving that there was an issue.  Best wishes to you as well.

-Loyal PS fan since 1998 

Message 9 of 9 (241 Views)