Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 17 2012
By: sauces62 First Son 2 posts

Older ps3 can't play BO2 need help

3 replies 71 views Edited Dec 17, 2012
I've got the older ps3 and I've tried 2 different discs now and I can't get past the start screen before it just beeps and turns off. The yellow light blinks before it goes off. What can I do to fix this. I am hooked up to the Internet wired, and just can't get this to work.
Message 1 of 4 (71 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30416 posts

Re: Older ps3 can't play BO2 need help

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

sauces62 wrote:
I've got the older ps3 and I've tried 2 different discs now and I can't get past the start screen before it just beeps and turns off. The yellow light blinks before it goes off. What can I do to fix this. I am hooked up to the Internet wired, and just can't get this to work.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your ps3 has suffered YLOD, meaning Yellow Light Of Death, your PS3 will need to be sent to Sony or a third-party for repair, espcially if B/C is important to you, if it's not then a new PS3 may be your best option, any save-data not already back-up will also now be lost, any trophies earned since your last sync are safe.

Message 2 of 4 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Should have used PlayStation Plus!!

I hope you get things working for you again, until then, good luck!

Message 3 of 4 (57 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 17, 2012
Ring of death. Then why can I still watch blu-rays and play other games ? Just not black ops 2
Message 4 of 4 (49 Views)
0 Likes