Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2561 posts

Re: Nobody from Sony to respond to the criticism they are getting?

Apr 8, 2010

i plan on downloading the lastest firmware update tonight when i get home from work but to me it won't bother me either way.  the way i see it, the PS3 was designed mainly for gaming and watching blue ray movies and my desktop computer is designed for me to either keep windows or change to a linux based OS.  i honestly use my ps3 for gaming and movies.  sony left a bad taste in my mouth back in february when my fat ps3 along with many fat ps3 owners bricked because of the whole forgetting to compensate for the leap year crap.  but i forgave sony when they fixed the problem in a reasonable time.  any firmware updates that i have downloaded in the past never bricked my ps3 and i don't see it happening to me and the others that don't go out and purposly brick our investments over not properly downloading another OS on the ps3 and then blame sony for problems that started out as "user error" and ended with the "I-D-10-T error".

just my 2 cents

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1154 posts

Apr 8, 2010

FYI, they never fixed the leap year bug. It is still broken. Only reason why it is gone is because the day changed and it corrected. It can still happen again in the future though, should it ever decide that a year is a leap year again when it is not.

Punchy91 wrote:

purposly brick our investments over not properly downloading another OS on the ps3 and then blame sony for problems that started out as "user error" and ended with the "I-D-10-T error".

Why would anyone purposely brick their PS3s?

First Son
9 posts

Apr 8, 2010

Well I'll jump in then.

I am an owner of the 80gb fat PS3 model that came with MSG4. I never used the other OS feature because I did not use the PS3 as a computer(it's my gaming console/dvd/blue-ray reader). Althought I am unhappy with this change(removal of a feature) I am not angry enought to ditch Sony yet.

However this would have been a different story if:

The update bricked my PS3.

The update removed my ability to play PS2 titles.

Note thougth, While bricking the OPS3 would anoy me alot(I don't have loose money currenty), I could live with it for a while, but if they remove my ability to play PS2 titles, I will be pissed(since there's still a backlog of PS2 title to finish).

PS: The leap year is just a bug that prevented you to use the PS3 during 24 hours... it did not impact me really since I had school related stuff to take care of and really the kids could have gone and play outside that day... yea "outside" you know the place with the verry bright light and the blue ceeling.

PPS: Part of this post was ment to be sarcastic.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
864 posts

Apr 8, 2010

SpeedRacer1955 wrote:
Maybe if they allowed you to install Linux but don't call them about how to fix it if you screw up your system maybe you would like that better. No I thought not.

Actually, I would rather have linux support without any custmer service from Sony than none at all. Sony tech support always proves to be useless anyway. I'm off to fix my brother's YLOD by myself (no thanks to Sony).

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (1 View)
Keyblade Wielder
10928 posts

Apr 8, 2010

LesPaul518 wrote:

SpeedRacer1955 wrote:
Maybe if they allowed you to install Linux but don't call them about how to fix it if you screw up your system maybe you would like that better. No I thought not.

Actually, I would rather have linux support without any custmer service from Sony than none at all. Sony tech support always proves to be useless anyway. I'm off to fix my brother's YLOD by myself (no thanks to Sony).

agree, i would gladly take this option, why would i want to pay 150 dollars to fix my system if it breaks, that's highway robbery i could get a used slim for that and they would delete all my save data and remove linux anyway. keep in mind these are old systems most of them haven't been under warranty for years. anyone who's dealt with sony's customer support knows how bad they are.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1298 posts

Apr 8, 2010

SpeedRacer1955 wrote:
Sony has explained to their satisfaction the reasons they needed to do this. But to many people are to young to believe them or even want to. The other OS was not a really advertised feature in any advertisement on TV or in print by Best Buy or others.

So people need to just get over the fact that Linux support is no longer available. Maybe if they allowed you to install Linux but don't call them about how to fix it if you screw up your system maybe you would like that better. No I thought not. They might have been tired of the calls from Illiterate computer users that can't even tell the difference between system RAM and HDD storage numbers.

The highlighted phrase is the problem. Sony is not alone in this, nor are they any more important than their consumers. They expained it to "ther" satisfaction. But what about 'ours"? They gave us a product and we gave them money in an equal business exchange. They are not obligated to say any more but are we not allowed to be given an answer that satisfies us when we are just responsible for the current existence of the PS3 as they are. Without our money or prospects to buy their games and make it worthwhile for them, there would be no PS3. And what a company does or doesn't do beyond their legal requirements (in this case it would be not engaging the community about the decision) says alot about how much they care about future business relations. This is evidenced in the blog which was created for the very purpose of them to communictate and interact with us. The 3.21 announcement blog post has over 6600 posts, yet Sony chooses to ignore it and continue to post and interact on other topics.

Aside from that, I think alot of people other missed the point in this thread. This is more about the lack of meaningful communication from Sony and less about the fact that Sony forced a loss/loss ultimatum on us. Which in fact one of those loss options was already forced upon us (loss of access to PSN) before we even read the details of the new firmware which includes legal speak to pass the buck to us for the loss options decided by Sony.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (1 View)
First Son
8 posts

Apr 8, 2010

Maybe this will get their attention if true and if enough people in Europe started doing it.  It appears there are some European laws in place that would allow for a partial refund due to Sony's latest feature downgrade.

http://www.playstationuniversity.com/ps3-owner-refunded-without-return-for-missing-other-os-3555/

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Apr 8, 2010

actually they can't say anything about it due to the fact there are lawsuits already filed against them.  If they say anything they will only Incrimiate themselves further.

April 1st 2010 a Day that will for ever live on that 1 man had Sony scampering and showing how scared they truly were.
HIPHOPGUESSER(Gamer) being in HOME just shows you how Desperate Sony is to get people on HOME.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes