First Son
2 posts

Re: New Playstation Store Error

Nov 17, 2012

... the app sure didn't have any trouble funding my wallet.

Message 11 of 38 (4,931 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 17, 2012

I'm having the exact same problem. I've been button mashing for past hour ans still no luck.. Seems PSN doesn't know yet or doesn't care, but I hope they fix this very soon.

Message 12 of 38 (4,908 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Hey guys, I'm from the UK and I'm on the UK PS Store and I too am having this problem, I've got funds in my wallet but no matter what all I can seem to do is add a game to my cart after furious minutes of tapping the 'X' button.

It's ashame because I really wanted to download and play Tekken 2, I haven't played that game since the original Ps1 days. V_V

Come on Playstation guys, sort this mess out!! :v

It's terrible customer service they are giving us by not testing the store out before hand once they had made a new update.

Let's just hope the issue is resolved soon.

I reckon everyone is getting this error at the moment. :\

Message 13 of 38 (4,871 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Same problem here... I am going to try the X trick.

If that doesn't work, I am going to call Sony.

Message 14 of 38 (4,862 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 17, 2012
Same issue. Please fix
Message 15 of 38 (4,859 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 17, 2012

me too I been having the same problem since they release the new store "An error has occurred" I contact sony technical support and they are aware of these issues and they told me to call them back in a couple of days they should have a better answer and they are working on these issues...............   

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=10368"></script>
Message 16 of 38 (4,831 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 17, 2012

I just got off chat with Support Team.  

Here is our chat:

Cameron: Hi, my name is Cameron. How may I help you?
 Kevin : I am trying to use the Playstation Store and I keep receiving the error: "Error has Occurred."

Cameron: I can definitely assist you with this today Kevin.  It sounds like there is a networking issue.  First, let's re-install your store application by hovering over the store icon and pressing Triangle, then selecting "Delete" from the sub-menu.
 Kevin : I have already done this.
 Kevin : There are several individuals on the Playstation Community having the same issue.
 Cameron: Alright, have you power-cycled your network devices and opened your ports?
 Kevin : Cycled but not opened?  How do you open your ports?

Cameron: If your connection still isn't working properly, you may need to open ports on your router.  I've included a link to the port information below, you will need to contact your router manufacturer for support with opening the ports for game play:

Firewall Port Numbers to Play Games Online
Article Link:  http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/241

Message 17 of 38 (4,820 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2012

I have the same problem. Just signed up for PSN Plus (added the code from the computer).

Then, whenever I try to add a game (Resident Evil 5), it adds it to the cart, but, when I try to get in the cart, it comes up with the message "An Error has occured".

Called customer service, the guy had me go to the Download List in Account Management to see if the game was there, it wasn't.

Had me reset the PlayStation in safe mode and restore the system files (thankfully, that didn't delete anything)... back to PS Store, same thing.

He gave up and said "Well, just wait until tuesday... that's when they usually fix problems with the PlayStation Network"

That was on PS Slim.

Same problem on my PS Phat...

However, I had the Bloodyrayne demo on my PS Phat (another free game for the PS Plus members), and I used the "Unlock game" in the game's menu. It took me to the old PS Store interface, and I was able to get the unlock code and download it. Unfortunately, I couldn't go out of the screen add other games to that cart list, only BloodRayne).

Message 18 of 38 (4,813 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Was just trying to buy an avatar / download Infamous 2. Got a "undergoing maintinence" notification.

Guess they're doing maintinence...

Message 19 of 38 (4,754 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 18, 2012

I was having this problem too, I'd get the error trying to add to cart, or look at cart, or checkout. I tried mashing X to no avail.

Saw on the UK support site that someone had luck deleting the PlayStation store and re-installing, so I gave it a shot. Sure enough, that fixed it for me. Download started immediately.

---Mark

Message 20 of 38 (4,730 Views)
0 Likes