Oct 06 2012
By: XScutterX First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

New HDMI tv, can play dvds, blu ray, netfix... but not games....

[ Edited ]
4 replies 198 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

I recently purchased a new panasonic plasma tv. Everything with the tv is fantastic but the only problem I am having is when I try to load up games. I have tried different HDMI cables(high speed and regular), but I'm still having the same problem. The menu comes up just fine and blu ray movies look fantastic. Its just when I load up games that my the input signal to my tv drops. I've tried different games as well.

Just hooked my ps3 up to my smaller hdtv and it loaded the game just fine...... so its just my new hdtv thats having this issue...

Message 1 of 5 (198 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
27093 posts

Re: New HDMI tv, can play dvds, blu ray, netfix... but not games....

Oct 7, 2012

What brand and model TV are you using?

GKP
Message 2 of 5 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
556 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2012

most panny plasma have internet functionality. if you have the ability to hook it up and do a firmware update. this will eliminate any issues with the hdmi handshaking caused by anything being out of spec/date

pleasse give your model so people can better assit you

Message 3 of 5 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2012

I have a tc-p55st50 and I have also done the firmware update. Still having an issue. Also, i'm using a 320 gb ps3 that I got when madden 13 came out.

*I was messing around with it a little more and when I turn off deep color output I can load games. That would mean the hdmi cable isn't up to snuff right? I watched the Avengers in 3d on the same cable so now i'm just confused.*

Message 4 of 5 (166 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
27093 posts

Oct 7, 2012

The deep-color option is essentially ignored for videos.  What's on the disk is all that there is, and little video content is coded in more than 24 bit color, because TVs can't generally render it anyway.  The option is actually used in game mode, and in this case there was some compatibility issue with the TV.  This happens, which is why you can disable it in the Display Settings. It has nothing to do with the cable. Support for deep color was added in HDMI 1.3.  Some TVs tell the video source that  they support deep-color, but they really don't; or don't do so automatically (you have to enable it in the TV settings). You can just leave it off.  It wasn't making your Blu-ray videos look any better.

GKP
Message 5 of 5 (140 Views)