Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 19 2012
By: The_KillingNinja First Son 1 posts

Need Help With Account Information Due To Hotmail Account Being Deleted

2 replies 123 views Edited Nov 19, 2012

My username on psn is ShootAndDuck

I go to sign in this morning and it tell me I need a new password. I then find out my hotmail account linked to my psn account was deleted becuase I have not used it in 270days 

I then proceeded to recreate my hotmail account using the same login information as before it was deleted.

I reset my psn password and log in on my ps now im on my old psn account (Why am i on my old account).  Im just as confused as you are reading this 

Moderators is there anyway to send me my account information for ShootAndDuck (psn account). I can provide evidence of who I am 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 3 (123 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17566 posts

Re: Need Help With Account Information Due To Hotmail Account Being Deleted

Nov 19, 2012

The_KillingNinja wrote:

My username on psn is ShootAndDuck

I go to sign in this morning and it tell me I need a new password. I then find out my hotmail account linked to my psn account was deleted becuase I have not used it in 270days 

I then proceeded to recreate my hotmail account using the same login information as before it was deleted.

I reset my psn password and log in on my ps now im on my old psn account (Why am i on my old account).  Im just as confused as you are reading this 

Moderators is there anyway to send me my account information for ShootAndDuck (psn account). I can provide evidence of who I am 

Thanks 

Have that evidence handy and call support at 1-800-345-7669

Message 2 of 3 (112 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15432 posts

Re: Need Help With Account Information Due To Hotmail Account Being Deleted

Nov 20, 2012

Sony never knew for certain who you were in the first place, so proof of real-world identify is irrelevant.  Your identity now doesn't matter, unless you have credit card information in your profile; because it doesn't prove that you created the PSN account. If you created a new Hotmail account with the same user name as your deleted account, then you should have the same e-mail address as before.  Just use the Forgot Your Password? link or button on the sign-in screen.  As long as you know the date-of-birth that was registered with the account, you can reset your password yourself online, if you still have access to the account e-mail address. 

If you didn't have access to the sign-in e-mail address for the account, then you would have to call Sony at 800-345-SONY to get your password reset.  No customer support requests are handled by Sony via this forum. The first thing that customer support will want is the answer to the security question that was selected when the account was created.  If you don't know that either, then have the serial number of your PS3 handy. Sometimes they can do something with that.

GKP
Message 3 of 3 (102 Views)
0 Likes