Mar 06 2009
By: JASIM007 Lombax Warrior 121 posts

NEW PS3 FIRWARE

6 replies 13 views Edited Mar 6, 2009

THIS ARE THE FEATURES THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN THE NEXT FIRMWARE UPDATE (OR THE LATER UPDATES)

01) BEING ABLE TO COPY THE COMPLETE GAME ON PS3 AND PLAY FROM THE HDD ITSELF (I PERSONALLY DONT LIKE TO CHANGE DISCS AND  IT WILL KEEP MY BLURAY DRIVE FREE FROM USAGE)

02) ALL THE FRIENDS AVATARS SHOULD BE SAVED ON THE HDD AND SHOULD ONLY BE LOADED WHEN ITS CHANGED (I HATE THE TIME IT TAKES IN LOADING MY FRIENDS)

03) MORE STABLE BROWSER (THERE ARE MANY BUGS IN THE BROWSER, MAINLY WHEN WE ENTER SOME KEYWORD IT GETS STUCK)

04) INSTANT MESSENGER (I LOVE TO HAVE MSN, YAHOO)

05) MORE SPEEDY TROPHY LOADING (BOTH MINE AND FRIENDS)

06) MORE VIDEOFORMAT SUPPORT

07) CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF DISK SPACE THAT CAN BE ASSIGNED FOR OTHER OS (IF MANUAL , BETTER)

08) ABILITY TO CHANGE THE REGION OF INFORMATION BOARD (I AM USING A JAPANEESE PS3 AND HAVE A US ACCOUNT, BUT I CANT CHANGE THE REGION OF INFORMATION BOARD. I HAVE ONLY TWO OPTIONS 1- USE  2- DO NOT DISPLAY)

09) REMOVE REGION LOCK (PS1,PS2,DVD,BD)

10) BACKWARDS COMPATABILITY (FOR ALL NON BACKWARD COMPATIABLE PS3, I KNOW THAT THE CURRENT MODELS THAT ARE BACKWARDS COMPATIABLE ARE USING SOFTWARE EMULATION, THEN WHATS THE PROBLEM, I DONT GET IT)

THATS ALL I NEED FOR NOW......................

PLEASE COMMENT.......................................

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5431/23526222.jpg
Message 1 of 7 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
975 posts

Re: NEW PS3 FIRWARE

Mar 6, 2009

you are going to get flamed, try to make font smaller and not all caps.

back-of-my-hand
Message 2 of 7 (13 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Mar 6, 2009

JASIM007 wrote:

THIS ARE THE FEATURES THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN THE NEXT FIRMWARE UPDATE (OR THE LATER UPDATES)

01) BEING ABLE TO COPY THE COMPLETE GAME ON PS3 AND PLAY FROM THE HDD ITSELF (I PERSONALLY DONT LIKE TO CHANGE DISCS AND  IT WILL KEEP MY BLURAY DRIVE FREE FROM USAGE)

02) ALL THE FRIENDS AVATARS SHOULD BE SAVED ON THE HDD AND SHOULD ONLY BE LOADED WHEN ITS CHANGED (I HATE THE TIME IT TAKES IN LOADING MY FRIENDS)

03) MORE STABLE BROWSER (THERE ARE MANY BUGS IN THE BROWSER, MAINLY WHEN WE ENTER SOME KEYWORD IT GETS STUCK)

07) CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF DISK SPACE THAT CAN BE ASSIGNED FOR OTHER OS (IF MANUAL , BETTER)

08) ABILITY TO CHANGE THE REGION OF INFORMATION BOARD (I AM USING A JAPANEESE PS3 AND HAVE A US ACCOUNT, BUT I CANT CHANGE THE REGION OF INFORMATION BOARD. I HAVE ONLY TWO OPTIONS 1- USE  2- DO NOT DISPLAY)

10) BACKWARDS COMPATABILITY (FOR ALL NON BACKWARD COMPATIABLE PS3, I KNOW THAT THE CURRENT MODELS THAT ARE BACKWARDS COMPATIABLE ARE USING SOFTWARE EMULATION, THEN WHATS THE PROBLEM, I DONT GET IT)

Uhhh Number 1 will NEVER come to be. Think about it. Sony is not that dumb. You could rent 20-30 games and never pay sony another cent for games...
Message 3 of 7 (13 Views)
Fender Bender
3737 posts

Mar 6, 2009

Not gonna happen kid.  Did you ever hear of the 20 GB PS3?  All games have to be programmed to work with that console.  It would not take many BDs to totally hose that HDD.  Many games already cache significant data to the HDD to speed up gameplay (Oblivion, Fallout 3, MGS4....just to name a few).  There are also downloadable games from PSN that can run 100% from your HDD such as Warhawk, GT Prologue, Burnout Paradise, etc.  It's really up to the game developer as to how they want to utilize the HDD.  A feature like this will NOT come in a firmware release.

Tough luck.  Get a faster Internet connection or go do something ELSE for a few seconds after signing on while the list loads.  This is one of the LAMEST complaints I've seen in a LONG time.....and I've been on the PS3 forum since late 2006!

Do you have any idea how long we waited for a FLASH update????!!!!  Don't hold your breath.  The browser is working WAY better than it did when the PS3 launched.  If you want a true browser experience, install Yellow Dog Linux and use Firefox. 

I'm not sure, but I believe you can access IMs from the browser on sites like meebo.  Unless Yahoo! comes to the table with a PS3 specific IM application, you are not going to see this happen.....and you thing Microsoft cares if you can IM on a PS3?  (can you hear all the folks in Redmond laughing at you right now?) 

It is what it is.  Get faster Internet. 

Again, there is much more video format support now than there was at launch.  At launch there wasn't much more than MP4.  We now have good AVI and Divx support.  If you need more than that, get a video format converter app.  They are mostly free.  We haven't seen Sony update this in over a year and I don't think they will.

You can do this, but you have to reformat the drive.  If you do a full system backup first, you will be able to restore after the reformat/repartition and not lose anything. 

Gee.....get a US PS3 and you'll be golden. 

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!  The only way to do this on the PS2 was with illegal hardware.  You are not going to see this happen. 

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!  Current models (80 GB and 120 GB) are NOT using software PS2 BC emmulation.  Some of the older units had a combination of hardware and software emmulation, and the release models had 100% hardware (no emmulator required because they had a PS2 on the MOBO).  No PS3 is using 100% software emmulation for PS2 BC.

Sony has stated that from here on out the PS3 models will not support PS2 BC "period".  Unless there is a major shift in their thinking and a big engineering effort you will not see this happen.  The PS2 is a dying platform.  Either buy a cheap PS2 off eBay or an older model PS3 that has the BC (there are plenty of folks willing to take your $$ for one).

Message 4 of 7 (13 Views)
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Mar 6, 2009

JASIM007 wrote:

I can only comment on a few of your requests...

-- This won't likely happen for two reasons. First reason is piracy. It wouldn't be long before people started buying 500Gig HD's and 1 Terabye HD's (they just started making 2.5'' 1-terebye HD's) and copying all their friend's games. Second reason is size. Like I said with reason number one, you'd need at least a 500GB or 1-terabyte drive to get a couple games on the HD. PS3 games are like 50 gigs or more.

Again, this is mostly due to piracy. Although, I am sure we will see more support in the future, it will be slow coming, and only after the piracy community has moved on to newer formats. Currently the PS3 will not play the latest divx format (only some divx) and won't play .mkv containers, etc. This is because most blue-ray movies and HD TV shows available form pirated sources are in these formats. Sony wants to make it as hard as possible for you to just throw these files on your PS3 and play them in HD. They'd rather you buy HD movies and TV from the playstation store. You can get around this by stremaing your HD video to the PS3 with either TVersity, or PS3 Media Server. Both free programs.

No PS3 model in the history of PS3 models have ever played a PS2 game disc with 100% emulation to my knowledge. The first launch PS3 played PS2 discs with an onboard PS2 chip. The second PS3 model to play PS2 discs used a secondary graphics processing chip (although not the actual PS2 chip) as well as _partial_ emulation. There has always been additional hardware involved in playing PS2 discs on a PS3.

- Jason

P.S I would also love to see a better web browser as well as AIM/Twitter/Yahoo/Gmail support, or anything like that. 

Message Edited by CarNutInAZ on 03-06-2009 04:14 AM
80 Gig Playstation 3
w/ PS2 Compatibility
-------------------------
02 Controllers
01 Bluetooth Mic
10 Games

PSP 3000
------------------------
2 Games (so far)
Message 5 of 7 (13 Views)
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Mar 6, 2009

O_Town_Racer wrote:

Not gonna happen kid.  Did you ever hear of the 20 GB PS3?  All games have to be programmed to work with that console.  It would not take many BDs to totally hose that HDD.  Many games already cache significant data to the HDD to speed up gameplay (Oblivion, Fallout 3, MGS4....just to name a few).  There are also downloadable games from PSN that can run 100% from your HDD such as Warhawk, GT Prologue, Burnout Paradise, etc.  It's really up to the game developer as to how they want to utilize the HDD.  A feature like this will NOT come in a firmware release.

Tough luck.  Get a faster Internet connection or go do something ELSE for a few seconds after signing on while the list loads.  This is one of the LAMEST complaints I've seen in a LONG time.....and I've been on the PS3 forum since late 2006!

Do you have any idea how long we waited for a FLASH update????!!!!  Don't hold your breath.  The browser is working WAY better than it did when the PS3 launched.  If you want a true browser experience, install Yellow Dog Linux and use Firefox. 

I'm not sure, but I believe you can access IMs from the browser on sites like meebo.  Unless Yahoo! comes to the table with a PS3 specific IM application, you are not going to see this happen.....and you thing Microsoft cares if you can IM on a PS3?  (can you hear all the folks in Redmond laughing at you right now?) 

It is what it is.  Get faster Internet. 

Again, there is much more video format support now than there was at launch.  At launch there wasn't much more than MP4.  We now have good AVI and Divx support.  If you need more than that, get a video format converter app.  They are mostly free.  We haven't seen Sony update this in over a year and I don't think they will.

You can do this, but you have to reformat the drive.  If you do a full system backup first, you will be able to restore after the reformat/repartition and not lose anything. 

Gee.....get a US PS3 and you'll be golden. 

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!  The only way to do this on the PS2 was with illegal hardware.  You are not going to see this happen. 

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!  Current models (80 GB and 120 GB) are NOT using software PS2 BC emmulation.  Some of the older units had a combination of hardware and software emmulation, and the release models had 100% hardware (no emmulator required because they had a PS2 on the MOBO).  No PS3 is using 100% software emmulation for PS2 BC.

Sony has stated that from here on out the PS3 models will not support PS2 BC "period".  Unless there is a major shift in their thinking and a big engineering effort you will not see this happen.  The PS2 is a dying platform.  Either buy a cheap PS2 off eBay or an older model PS3 that has the BC (there are plenty of folks willing to take your $$ for one).

01) DONT U KNOW THAT WE CAN CHANGE THE HDD

02) I HAVE THE FASTEST CONNECTION AVAILABLE IN MY PLACE (DUBAI, 8MBPS@499DHS=135$)

03)I DONT WANT 2 KNOW THE PAST, BUT BE IN THE PRESENT

04)I DONT GIVE A SH*T FOR MICROSOFT, ITS SOMETHING THAT I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE

05)I HAVE THE FASTEST CONNECTION AVAILABLE IN MY PLACE (DUBAI, 8MBPS@499DHS=135$)

06)I DONT WANT 2 KNOW THE PAST, BUT BE IN THE PRESENT

07)I PREFER THINGS TO BE MORE STRAIGHT THAN ALTERNATIVE WAYS

08)I HAVE DISCS OF DIFFERENT REGIONS

09) IT CAN ALSO BE DONE LEGALLY, BUT SONY SHOULD THINK ABOUT IT

10)I DIDNT KNOW THAT, THE REASON Y I WANTED IT IS BECAUSE I HAVENT PLAYED MGS2,MGS3 AND SO I DIDNT PLAY MGS4, THE SAME GOES WITH GOD OF WAR SERIES AS IT WAS BANNED IN MY COUNTRY, BUT NOW ITS AVAILABLE IN LOCAL MARKET BUT  THEN MY PS2 GOT SCREWED,THNX

Message Edited by JASIM007 on 03-06-2009 04:20 AM
Message Edited by JASIM007 on 03-06-2009 04:27 AM
Message Edited by JASIM007 on 03-06-2009 04:28 AM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5431/23526222.jpg
Message 6 of 7 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Re: NEW PS3 FIRMWARE

Mar 6, 2009

Dood you frigen crazy? How will sony ever do you're first suggestion without getting bankrupted?

Message 7 of 7 (13 Views)
0 Likes