First Son
26 posts

Re: My PS3 wont work through my HDMI cable. Help?

Dec 9, 2010

i know it wont output to a/v and hdmi at the same time, but it would have made it easier for the OP to see the results after selecting hdmi in the xmb,

ie a/v input would go blank and hdmi would go live..

Message 11 of 51 (10,035 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3035 posts

Dec 9, 2010

did you switch the input on your tv? my tv has 5 different inputs and when I want a/v, component or hd I have to switch it , my tv wont doit for me automacticly.

Message 12 of 51 (10,035 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 24, 2011

hey mate im having nearly the same problem when ever i hook up my ps3 with my tv through HDMI i dont get a picture or any sounds my tv supports HDMI and i already used 2 cables 1 is Giraffe and the 2nd one is my xbox HDMI cable.

Iv already tried all sorts of thing like restarting and manually trying to change it but it seems that my Tv does not detect the cables as if they are just not there.

can you help me pls?

Message 13 of 51 (10,035 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Feb 24, 2011

ok i just had to do this to my tv. so pay attention 1 plug the av cable into the tv and the system. 2 have the hdmi hooked up to the system and tv 3 set your tv to the av chanel  4 go into the display settings in the xmb and set it to HDMI it will ask if the settings r correct and give a timer of 30 seconds befor it reverts back to the av cable settings. 4 click ok and switch tv out puts from av to the HDMI chanel and you should be all set to use your system in HD enjoy.

please tell me if this worked so i can use this response again.

Please let me know if this helps so i can save the response for later use.

Message 14 of 51 (10,035 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 24, 2011

unfortunately i tried that but when i go to display setting and press the HDMI the screen just goes black and jumps back to the output selection its as if my Tv doesent see it but its there iv already used 2 different cables

Message 15 of 51 (10,035 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Feb 24, 2011

have you check whether each end of the hdmi is clean? also the input sockets?

i ask because one time i tried to plug in an hdmi cable with a plastic cover still in it

Message 16 of 51 (10,035 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 26, 2011

This is happening to me as well, been using my PS3 slim with HDMI @  1080i since I purchased it last March, and it seems like since I did the  latest update to Killzone 3; the next time I tried to boot up the PS3  it just gave me a black screen of death with no sound/picture. It works  with the original AV cables,  but will not show picture or sound even  when it detects HDMI or when I manually try to switch back to it. Did a  safe mode System Restart with no luck, reset my TV settings, unplugged  everything and then reconnected everything correctly and still no dice.  My Xbox 360 works fine with the same HDMI cable in the same HDMI port. I  then tried my PS3 and HDMI cable on a buddies newer HDTV and IT  WORKED, just weird how all of a sudden my TV doesn't want to output  anything through HDMI anymore while its connected to the PS3 when it was  working for so many months, although once in awhile I would get no picture or sound, but all I had to do was switch TV inputs off HDMI and then back and that would fix it, but now it won't show a thing
Any one in the same boat as me? I'd rather  not have to spend money to downgrade to component cables, I have an  older Panasonic rear projection Model: PT-52LCX65

Can anyone help!?!

Message 17 of 51 (10,035 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Mar 2, 2011

alright guys lets try this then. note you will need to write down all the information this gives before you restore the defalt settings.

so you can put it back to how you had it when its done. this will not mess with save data but you will have to reset any secondary controller that you have. secondary being any controler that dident come with the system.

note also these all have to do with the setttings option on the XMB

such as

game settings ( mostly for systems able to play psx and ps2 games)

video settings ( since this sub menu is pretty long try to write down every thing)

music settings (your audio cd import, crossfade, output frequency, bitmapping, and the dynamic normalizer)

chat settings (voice/ video chat start wether to show avatar or live video

system settings (automatic download will go back to being off, system name will go back to a # ps3, and anything typed and saved in the predictive text dictionary will be gone.)

date and time settings (reset the date and time)

power save settings ( your times will reset to system auto off 1 hr no special conditions and the controler auto off set to off)

accessory settings such as any wireless remote or blootooth device)

printer settings ( if you have one synced up)

display settings

(this is mainly what were looking to fix but its better to do restore defaults to get the best resault)

sound settings

security settings ( any passwords you set on anything)

remote play settings ( connected to any psp or sony cell phone or computer)

network settings ( your internet connection source. wireless or wired)

internet browser settings (such as faverite pages)

and ur psn id and password

i know its a long list to write or type down but once you make sure you have anything from this list

1.) go to settings if not already there.

2.) then go to system settings

3.) then select restore default settings.

4.) press x when ready to set to default.

5.) should start up like new system but still have everything saved game/music/video wise so follow the instructions they give you to set it back up.

6.) then reinput all other information back to the way you had it.

Message 18 of 51 (10,035 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 3, 2011

I am having sorta the same issue. Have had my PS3 bout 3 weeks or so and it been working fine connected to my TV with HDMI cable got at the same time as system. Other night after playing, turned everything off, went to work next day and when got home turned on TV and system and when try to change the source so can play..get message no input device conneted. Not been any changes to TV or system since day before when it was working. So got a new HDMI cable to see if other went bad or something and still getting same message. It works find when use the S video cables that came with the PS3 . Have reset the system to default and still nothing

Message 19 of 51 (10,035 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Mar 3, 2011

try cheching and cleaning the HDMI ports with a q tip and rubbing alcohal let evaperate then reconnect the HDMI cable securly.

Message 20 of 51 (10,035 Views)
0 Likes